• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I had the Browning Hi Power GP Competition, but sold it years ago. It was nice, but I did not use it much. That is one I wish I did not sell.

I do have the Sig P226 X Five L1, as well as an X Five Competition (not mentioned). I have a red dot mounted on my L1 and a fiber optic on the Competition model. I like them for Steel Challenge or just showing off at the range. Those Nill grips are nice. Both guns shoot great. The price range he lists for the L1 is low. They stopped importing them into the US over a year ago, and the prices went way up. Some models more than others.

He mentioned Pardini GT9. I have seen and handled them at Camp Perry. They are very nice, but not as nice as the Sig X Five. While he did not cover 22 pistols, I have two Pardini 22 pistols for bullseye.

Since I am a bullseye shooter, I also have a Smith & Wesson 52. Shooting 38 special wadcutter loads from an auto is pretty cool. These guns are extremely accurate and fun to shoot.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    BAC is a fantastic dude.

He has one HELL of a collection of firearms.

He's got full-house custom 1911 pistols that cost 2-3x more than my car's current worth - down to $250 Egyption .mil surplus pistols. And almost one of everything in between. And he shoots most of them. Unless he comes in to something pristine/unfired - then he'll keep it that way.

Plus he has an old Lotus Esprit.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    What a great article i stumbled over. This guys collection is impressive to say the least. How does everyone like the write up, and do any of you have any of these pistols??

I have got a Steyr GB here in the shop...Been here on consignment since I opened six years ago....No one knows what it is lol....It's one of the 700 (Per Blue Book) Military models imported into the US....It has a Parkerized finish.....

I like this quote....

"Its not a gun that’s going to be sitting in your local shop, but there are usually a few on Gunbroker on any given day."

Au contraire mi amigo:)

[video=youtube;-l5tpY6SXMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l5tpY6SXMc[/video]

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I've been searching out and collecting the Benellis for 20-25yrs. Back when I started they were un-loved and under-appreciated $200 pistols. Fantastic quality and unbelievably smooth functioning pistols, racking a slide feels like greased bearings. The locked breach and fixed barrels makes them excellent suppressor hosts so I've modified(ruined)most of mine and hung cans on the extended barrels. I love them and will never sell so it doesn't matter to me if the 'collector' value has been diminished.

The 9mm and 9mm Ultra have always been the easiest to find. I have 3 or 4 of each. Way back when CDNN closed out some 7.65mm Luger B-80's for $200 each and I still have one of those nib. I've missed a couple of the .32ACP B-77's but still have some spare parts in case I get another chance to pick one up. My best snag ever was picking up an MP3S in excellent condition with all the accessories from Jaqua's in Findlay, OH several years ago for $395. Had never even heard of that model at the time but it's so gorgeous I couldn't put it down.

He doesn't mention them in the article but Benelli also made a Sport model of the B-76 with extended barrel and muzzle weight. They have finger groove stocks but in a more subdued, non-target, style. Still looking for one of those.

fLxb3UI.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Is it wrong that I hate that guy?

In the good kind of way, right?

He really seems to be a good dude, too. I haven't been active on GlockTalk in YEARS now - but he wasn't ever one to shy away from good conversation "generic" threads - and he jumped in both feet to talk about the firearms that he likes, has, and would like to have.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Yea this article was awesome to read. I tried to find most of those on gunbroker, but could only find a few. I have the smith and wesson 952-2 longslide. Its probably the first "rare" gun i have in my collection. I havent shot it yet, mostly because im not sure its even fired... and i really appreciate its condition.. HA. Anyways this article was awesome, and im glad you all enjoyed it. Very knowledgeable write up.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I've been searching out and collecting the Benellis for 20-25yrs. Back when I started they were un-loved and under-appreciated $200 pistols. Fantastic quality and unbelievably smooth functioning pistols, racking a slide feels like greased bearings. The locked breach and fixed barrels makes them excellent suppressor hosts so I've modified(ruined)most of mine and hung cans on the extended barrels. I love them and will never sell so it doesn't matter to me if the 'collector' value has been diminished.

The 9mm and 9mm Ultra have always been the easiest to find. I have 3 or 4 of each. Way back when CDNN closed out some 7.65mm Luger B-80's for $200 each and I still have one of those nib. I've missed a couple of the .32ACP B-77's but still have some spare parts in case I get another chance to pick one up. My best snag ever was picking up an MP3S in excellent condition with all the accessories from Jaqua's in Findlay, OH several years ago for $395. Had never even heard of that model at the time but it's so gorgeous I couldn't put it down.

He doesn't mention them in the article but Benelli also made a Sport model of the B-76 with extended barrel and muzzle weight. They have finger groove stocks but in a more subdued, non-target, style. Still looking for one of those.

fLxb3UI.jpg
    What an awesome collection. Have you found most of these online?

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I had the Browning Hi Power GP Competition, but sold it years ago. It was nice, but I did not use it much. That is one I wish I did not sell.

I do have the Sig P226 X Five L1, as well as an X Five Competition (not mentioned). I have a red dot mounted on my L1 and a fiber optic on the Competition model. I like them for Steel Challenge or just showing off at the range. Those Nill grips are nice. Both guns shoot great. The price range he lists for the L1 is low. They stopped importing them into the US over a year ago, and the prices went way up. Some models more than others.

He mentioned Pardini GT9. I have seen and handled them at Camp Perry. They are very nice, but not as nice as the Sig X Five. While he did not cover 22 pistols, I have two Pardini 22 pistols for bullseye.

Since I am a bullseye shooter, I also have a Smith & Wesson 52. Shooting 38 special wadcutter loads from an auto is pretty cool. These guns are extremely accurate and fun to shoot.

The x- five line is very attracting. Would love to add one of these to my collections. What have you seen the L1s going for lately?

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    What an awesome collection. Have you found most of these online?

Yes, most were picked from GB in the $400 range but then I went running my mouth on subguns.com about what great suppressor hosts they make and suddenly I didn't see them offered as often and the price shot through the roof. They're thousand dollar pistols now so they're well out of my range. Except for the MP3S from Jaquas and the B-80 from CDNN I think all but one were snagged off the Broker. One was a response to a WTB I posted on FALfiles many years ago,......after five years of dropping off the bottom of the board someone found my post with a google search and offered up a nice 9mm for a decent price. I think that's the only success I've ever had with a WTB.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Yes, most were picked from GB in the $400 range but then I went running my mouth on subguns.com about what great suppressor hosts they make and suddenly I didn't see them offered as often and the price shot through the roof. They're thousand dollar pistols now so they're well out of my range. Except for the MP3S from Jaquas and the B-80 from CDNN I think all but one were snagged off the Broker. One was a response to a WTB I posted on FALfiles many years ago,......after five years of dropping off the bottom of the board someone found my post with a google search and offered up a nice 9mm for a decent price. I think that's the only success I've ever had with a WTB.

Interesting story... Sound like you were a 'market mover' and didn't know it.

:ingo:

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    The x- five line is very attracting. Would love to add one of these to my collections. What have you seen the L1s going for lately?

There is an X5 Competition on Gunbroker (ends Sunday, item # 691298830) high bid so far is $1500, reserve already met. Very good price. Similar to L1, except plastic grips (no Nill grips) and no adjustable trigger. The one I got did not need adjustment. Slightly over 2 lbs. Nice gun. Check it out.

Also on Gunbroker, an X5 Classic (item # 695056767). This is like the L1, but with a rail. Ends in 7 days. Current bid, $2025, no reserve. Great price, so far. Another Classic is on there for the price of $3995, no auction.

A few month's ago is the last time I checked and there were just a few in 40 S&W, but no 9mm. If you are serious, check those two out. Pretty good prices, so far. Good luck.

Top Bottom