• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pistoleer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Twelve Mile
    Lately, I've got a Sig Sauer itch. In order to scratch it, I'm thinking about moving a couple of my long arms and picking up an M11 A1 that's at my LGS. This would replace my Glock 19 as my EDC. Does anyone have personal experience with the M11 A1? What do you like or not like? Have you successfully carried it concealed? Thanks in advance.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't have a M11A1, but I have a couple of other P229s. I've had no trouble carrying one concealed. It basically boils down to if you want striker fired or hammer fired. Both have their advantages.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ive owned a dark earth m11a1 for 4 years (sig dropped the dark earth) and till I got my 226 legion, it was my primary carry hammered gun (my p320 is my primary carry striker fired gun), with the night sights, the srt trigger, and 15 round mags, its a sweet gun (I did put Hogue rubber grips on it)

BUT after I bought my 226 legion(it was used, if I had bought one new, it would have been a 226 legion sao), it made me wish they made the 229 legion way back then!

with less than a 300 dollar difference(msrp), if it were me,(and it was in my budget) I'd spend more and get the legion, the night sights are better, the g10 grips feel better, with the higher cut trigger guard, it's just a better gun imho, NOT that the m11a1 is a bad gun by any means! I just like the legions better.

and fyi, I carried my glock 19 in a galco leather paddle holster (with a thumb snap), and it fits my m11a1 perfectly!

Pistoleer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Twelve Mile
    ive owned a dark earth m11a1 for 4 years (sig dropped the dark earth) and till I got my 226 legion, it was my primary carry hammered gun (my p320 is my primary carry striker fired gun), with the night sights, the srt trigger, and 15 round mags, its a sweet gun (I did put Hogue rubber grips on it)

BUT after I bought my 226 legion(it was used, if I had bought one new, it would have been a 226 legion sao), it made me wish they made the 229 legion way back then!

with less than a 300 dollar difference(msrp), if it were me,(and it was in my budget) I'd spend more and get the legion, the night sights are better, the g10 grips feel better, with the higher cut trigger guard, it's just a better gun imho, NOT that the m11a1 is a bad gun by any means! I just like the legions better.

and fyi, I carried my glock 19 in a galco leather paddle holster (with a thumb snap), and it fits my m11a1 perfectly!

Thanks for the feedback. I typically run with Kydex holsters, so I'm not sure I'll have the same success as you did in not having to buy another holster. Here's my current EDC, plus a G26 that I ankle carry as a BUG:

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpg
      IMG_0360.jpg
      427.1 KB · Views: 8
    Top Bottom