• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Just picked up a brand spankin' new M&P 2.0 yesterday. Compared it to a Glock 19, which was the other pistol I was considering but can only buy one. Likes: Sights are pretty much dead on out of the box. Big three dot sights that go well with aging eyes. Seventeen rounds of righteous meat shredding goodness. So far it likes cheap ammo. Nice finish. Decent reset on the trigger. POI is POA. Aggressive grip texture. Interchangeable palm swells, which are easy to change. Until September 30 when you buy one you can get two extra magazines, two boxes of Hornady Critical Defense ammo, and a magazine loader from S&W for free.

Dislikes: Aggressive grip texture likes to chafe the love handles. It only comes with two magazines.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the new gun. I've come to really appreciate an aggressive texture, but deal with the same issue when carrying. If I wear a T-shirt under an untucked shirt, it helps a lot with the chafing.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have no dog in the fight, but as someone who had no bias, it is interesting that the Smith won out over the Glock, same thing happen to me with the Glock 43 and the Smith Shield 9mm: it simply felt better in my hand after trying both out at the range twice.
    I bought a Smith Shield for $280 which was less expensive than the Glock, so that's a plus.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The M&P feels good as soon as the average shooter picks it up, while the Glock takes some time to change the bone structure in your wrist for it to become a comfortable gun.... LoL I enjoyed my m&p's, but cost of magazines drove me to learn to like my glocks. Congrats on the buy, just keep an eye out for sales and you can come close to matching the cost of extra magazines. The M&P is one of the best feeling striker fired pistols out of the box that is on the market.

Top Bottom