• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Ouch...squib or bad hand load? Too bad there's not more info. It looked like he had a lot of trouble getting the cylinder to rotate.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Yikes. "Brown alert" for sure, not to mention dampened knickers in the front. I'd be getting my money back from S&W, doesn't matter the cause.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yikes. "Brown alert" for sure, not to mention dampened knickers in the front. I'd be getting my money back from S&W, doesn't matter the cause.

If you touch off a 500 S&W behind a squib it matters not what frame it is. You are going to see this insanity regardless.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I would not hold S&W accountable for damage done by a squib load. I had a squib earlier this year using factory ammo in my 686+. Fortunately I was the one shooting, and knew that soft "pop" instead of the more authoritative "BANG" meant a bad round. I've NEVER had a squib before this, but knew immediately what it was. It was almost like the round had a primer, but no powder. I used a brass rod to tap out the squib from the barrel, and was good to go. Had I tried to fire another round, any revolver might have done the same thing you saw in the video.

I did contact Winchester with all the info and lot # from the box. It didn't get me anywhere, not even a hat. The rest of the box shot perfectly fine, though.

But yeah man, a "Brown Alert" for sure!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom