• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I have a Remi 1911. I have always loved the look of 1911 with a compensator.

I understand that for this to work right you want a barrel that will accommodate one, versus one of those bushing ones that just kinda snap on.

If I were to buy a replacement barrel from say brownells. Would I be in for a bad time or would it work out ok?

Thanks

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Look at Clark barrels. They make a very nice compensated barrel. It is listed as a drop in. Sometimes they do and sometimes they do not...Drop in.
    I have used a number of them. A few needed to be tweaked a bit to fit up properly. The last one I bought dropped right in.

They come in stainless....
    PTWzWwU.jpg

IrEntgk.jpg

and black
    o6jyZt1.jpg

They are on line and great to deal with.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Look at Clark barrels. They make a very nice compensated barrel. It is listed as a drop in. Sometimes they do and sometimes they do not...Drop in.
    I have used a number of them. A few needed to be tweaked a bit to fit up properly. The last one I bought dropped right in.

PTWzWwU.jpg

IrEntgk.jpg

and black
    o6jyZt1.jpg

The black looks fantastic, ill look into them thanks

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel

PTWzWwU.jpg

IrEntgk.jpg

and black
    o6jyZt1.jpg

These 1911s are not too shabby looking for a pistol design that's more than 100 years old! Seriously, they are beautiful!!! They will still be around long after the "Tupperware" guns have disintegrated. LOL

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Nope. That is an extended release. I think it is a Wilson offering but memory is not serving me well this A.M.
    Brownells has these. That extension screws onto the release with a recessed allen.
    I bought a TRP that had the extended release on it. I didn't want to buy another holster for a gun I wasn't going to shoot often so I used an older Bianchi 3:00 owb. Nice holster BUT it did release the mag twice with that old holster. I don't recommend them for edc without a bit of experimentation to make sure you're good to go.
    They're nice for a "reach around" though.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    OK.....1911-ish

And yes, especially with a barrel fit up let someone that knows the platform do the "Fitment"

That's why I take my 1911s to you or Allen. You have the knowledge and experience in your field I do NOT have. Yes, I can eventually fit everything up BUT I'm looking at a week long evening project where a couple of hours and you've got it dialed in.
    I don't WANT to do what some of you guys do and I want to say thanks for helping us out on some of the details we're not tooled up for or have the experience.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake

PTWzWwU.jpg

IrEntgk.jpg

and black
    o6jyZt1.jpg

NICE! Substantial decrease in muzzle rise im assuming??

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    NICE! Substantial decrease in muzzle rise im assuming??

We ran this one for the 1st time this weekend. I went to 2 shoots and more than a few folks ran it. To the man they said it really took the muzzle rise out of it. There was the secondary when the slide hit home but that was very manageable.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Just send the barrel and slide to Mag-na-port. For just $145 you get matching ports that is done with EDM machining so there is absolutely no burr inside the barrel to affect accuracy. it also does not affect the look of the finish on the slide... Just nice clean holes. You should look at the Quadra Port option for a 5" barrel, which would give you the most down-force for the money.

Like this 1911:
    KqSEWBch.jpg

I did the Quadra port for my PPQ M2 9mm and it turned a great gun into the perfect gun.

My Mag-na-ported PPQ
    qPLXZIBh.jpg

PO9vc0Jh.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom