• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Rotating barrel and field stripping without needing to de-cock the weapon.

No clue if it will be marketed here.

Brand New & Shiny: Glock 46 | RECOIL

glock46_00-670x446.jpg

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Wow, that's pretty interesting.
    Nice big beavertail on the back too.
    I wonder if it has the cut out on the bottom of the grip?
    Don't see a flared mag well at the bottom.
    the magazine has the old style floor plate

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    What is it supposed to accomplish?

That glock finally figured out how to make a pistol where you don't have to pull the trigger to take it apart

For all those that said the Gen 5 is just a dressed up gen 2.....is this finally "Fresh and New" enough?

No, it won't be. Now people will just gripe that Glock ripped off the Beretta PX4 series.

It's glock world........I'm sure some will say that the rotating barrel is ground breaking and they came up with it.

Least it has an extended beavertail built into the frame, instead of having more plastic strapped on the back to accomplish it

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What is it supposed to accomplish?

To sell of course!:D One of the big digs at Glocks is that it is necessary to "drop the hammer" in order to take it apart. This is cited as a factor in police NDs (which, I concur, is a training issue and police brass don't like to buy sand barrels or something).

Let 10,000 flowers bloom.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    That glock finally figured out how to make a pistol where you don't have to pull the trigger to take it apart

It's glock world........I'm sure some will say that the rotating barrel is ground breaking and they came up with it.

Least it has an extended beavertail built into the frame, instead of having more plastic strapped on the back to accomplish it

Ya, rotating barrel is not new. JMB had a patent for it in 1897. But, as far as I have been able to research, very few companies have been successful at making it reliable as well as durable at the same time.

Beretta has used it with some success. But as I recall, since they were hammer fired guns, one of it's greatest strengths (lowering the bore axis) was cancelled out. Although improved accuracy (ability of a human to shoot it accurately) and reduced muzzle flip were still noticed even with the higher bore access of the Berettas. Get that bore access down, and make sure it's super reliable, and this could be a great shooter. But time will reveal the truth. If there is even a microscopic flaw, there will be many on the internet who will gripe about it.

As best as I can tell, it looks like it uses standard G19 mags. IF it uses those mags, I would pre-order one. A G19 sized gun that uses G19 mags, has less perceived recoil, shoots flatter, and lends itself to more accuracy.....I'm up for that.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I find that when I drop the mag and empty the chamber before I break the gun down it doesn't go boom :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That looks pretty cool. If they can make it work, then they will be doing the type of innovation that has been missing from their lineup for a long time. Nice to see them stepping outside the glox again.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Maybe they could take another page from the Beretta Storm playbook and build A CARBINE TO GO WITH THEIR PISTOLS!

:):

Top Bottom