• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I saw a single action Western style 6 shot .22 revolver for sale that was only $110, so I thought, "Why not?"
    When I went to buy it, I thought the man seemed familiar to me and it came out that he was the retired police officer that bought my Taurus .357 revolver and my Sig Sauer RS290 9mm: I could not believe it! Small world!

We had a great talk. We met close to my home which was convenient.
    We must have talked about an hour.
    He is interested in one of my Smith 64 series when I get it ready to sell and he has a .25 caliber Taurus barrel break down like I had decades ago when I had a Baretta that did the same. Apparently, that is how Taurus got its start with the breakdown barrel.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Always make friends in the gun culture.

FYI, Taurus got its start in the early '40s selling a .38 revolver in South America when Smith and Colt were otherwise engaged in making guns for Uncle Sugar.

BPC at one time owned Smith & Wesson and Taurus (early 70s). This allowed Taurus to make Smith copies which they then marketed to the States in the 80s.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Took the .22 single action western revolver to the range today and it was interesting.
    Takes a bit of time to unload and reload, and it being only a 6 shot is particularly irritating.
    I'm glad I got my ($600) Ruger GP100 10 shot for serious target shooting.
    I still want to shoot the S/W .22 whenever I get the chance to see if it is any better/smoother.

I shot it from 15' up to 45', and it did fine.
    I'll keep it around for awhile just for fun.
    It sure beats paying $400 for a Ruger western-style single action.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Single Action Revolvers are very fun. I have a little 22...but don't shoot it much. Probably need to offload it soon. I have a 357 and 45 SAA I shoot more these days.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought one of those for me daughter to learn how to shoot. Fun little gun. She was 6 at the time.

1. Never even occured to me to start that young.
    2. My son had the usual array of BB and pellet pistols and rifles, but I sold off the guns before he was very old. We used to shoot into a 5 gallon bucket on its side in the driveway in front of the garage. :laugh:
    3. Your daughter will have a good attitude and not be afraid of CC when she is of age.
    4. I had to laugh when I read it, since I'm such a big kid, I'm nearly 65 yrs. and I still enjoy a "fun little gun."

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought one of those for me daughter to learn how to shoot. Fun little gun. She was 6 at the time.

1. Never even occured to me to start that young.
    2. My son had the usual array of BB and pellet pistols and rifles, but I sold off the guns before he was very old.
    3. Your daughter will have a good attitude and not be afraid of CC when she is of age.
    4. I had to laugh when I read it, since I'm such a big kid, I'm nearly 65 yrs. and I still enjoy a "fun little gun."

Top Bottom