• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    :wavey: I have a Smith M686, a M649, a M64, three M36's, two M19's, a M15, a M13, and 3 M10's. Love my Smiths, but for carrying I still prefer my LCR.

Oh, and I also have Rossi Circuit Judge in 45/410

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm in! There are a few good threads on revolvers here and there, but not as much as the semi-auto posts. Like you, I'm a wheel gun fan, and have said before many times that I could go to shooting nothing but revolvers and live a perfectly happy life!

Here's a good and fairly recent thread, chock full of some good pics:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-firearms-discussion/442037-357-mag-pics.html

And, of course, we have the Wheel Gun Show & Tell thread here in this part of the forum:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/92049-wheel-gun-show-n-tell.html

Yes, plenty of revolver fans on INGO. You may not see us, or be able to tell us apart from anyone else, but we ARE among you! ;)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I too love Smith's, I grew up on them in fact. I have posted this in the wheel gun show and tell thread, but here it is again.

Smith & Wesson 629-7 Performance Center Lew Horton .44mag, one of 250 produced, lucked into it really. The original owner didn't know what he had and neither did I until I started to research it. I was going to put it up for sale at one point, but could find very little information about them, that is when I knew I might have something.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    More than half of my handguns are revolvers. I shoot revolvers for Steel Challenge; 10-shot 617, 8-shot 627, 7-shot 686 w/ red dot. I shoot a 625 (45 ACP) in bullseye for CF and 45 days. For those that do not know, bullseye is shot one-handed at 50 yards and 25 yards. I shot a 97 slow fire target at Camp Perry with that 625. Below is a group at 50 yards from a sandbag. The gun shoots great and it is stock, except for the red dot. It would take a good custom 1911 to shoot better than this at 50 yards.

For Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup style shooting) I have a custom revolver built by Frank Glenn. for the Bianchi Cup. I shoot in a PPC league at Blythe's and I mostly shoot revolvers there, including a Windmaster built on a S&W model 10. In long range silhouette (out to 200 meters), I shot revolvers in standing and revolver classes.

I don't shoot much USPSA, but when I do it is either with a 625 or a 627. As you can tell from my avatar, I am a cowboy action shooter too. I shoot gunfighter style: a single-action revolver in each hand. Lots of fun.

So, there are a lot of things you can shoot a revolver in. They are lots of fun and get some attention from other shooters. With all the plastic guns out there, some shooters get a kick out of seeing a nice wheelgun make of steel and wood. And you don't have to chase your brass. What more could you ask for.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    Hi! :patriot:
    I'm a wheel gun fan as well. Everytime I start thinking I need a polymer wonder, I see a revolver and I'm just like nah, revolvers are just so cool.

im also fascinated by the migration from revolvers to semi-autos in police departments. It might be because I wasn't around in the revolver era, but it's pretty cool that police carried wheel guns up until the 80s and apparently some old timer's carried them till retirement. Doubt there are many (if any) American LEOs still using a revolver for a primary sidearm.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have a few old wheel guns and enjoy shooting them.

Like Whip says, they are a reloader's friend.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Hi! :patriot:
    I'm a wheel gun fan as well. Everytime I start thinking I need a polymer wonder, I see a revolver and I'm just like nah, revolvers are just so cool.

im also fascinated by the migration from revolvers to semi-autos in police departments. It might be because I wasn't around in the revolver era, but it's pretty cool that police carried wheel guns up until the 80s and apparently some old timer's carried them till retirement. Doubt there are many (if any) American LEOs still using a revolver for a primary sidearm.

I know the guard in the local Social Security office still carries a 357 Mag revolver, that's all that I know of though. History is fascinating yes!!

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Wheelgun lovers should check out next month's ICORE match down in Brookston (Wildcat Valley). They are encouraging snubnose shooters to come out with special low entry fees. Other revolvers are welcome too, they just want to get a bunch of shooters with snubies to shoot. Sounds like fun, so I'm shooting my 3" S&W 66.

Here is a link:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...259-any-interest-snubnose-revolver-match.html

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Love my little M206 Spurless Matte Nickel - 38 Special

51289_Revolver_M206-Matte-Nickle_38sp_leftangled.jpg

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I have a few Revolvers and shoot them exclusively in competition. I shoot USPSA and ICORE and a few steel matches when nothing else is going on. I do action work and some general repairs(if parts are available for that gun) on them. Many on INGO are running my action jobs.

I love the mechanics of a revolver and enjoy shooting them. I call them the stick shifts of the handgun world not everyone can drive one and even fewer can drive them really good. They take more work to run(I'm talking DA shooting) and reload but I like the challenge. :yesway:

Top Bottom