• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a Sig, and love it for a range gun: nice heavy gun.
    I paid $200 and it had no use the owner said: Dddrees

I found a Colt that had sold for $200 in Westfield at Marksman Shooting Sports, and told Chris, the owner that I wish I'd known b/c I'd rather have a Colt name, even though Walther made it: fine with me.

The Sig was made by German Sports Guns.

I went by Marksman Shooting Sports today and he had just got another Colt 1911-22 in and was selling it for $200.
    I held it and loved it, and desired it.

But, the problem is, I had the Sig.

I wanted to offer him $150, but I did offer him $175, and he said no, it would sell in a couple of days, but if it was still there next week, he would sell it to me for the $175.

Since I really want the Colt name, I need encouragement to go ahead and buy it, then sell my Sig.
    The trouble is I have bought a Shield 9 ($280) and a Shield 45 ($325), and a Baretta 25 flip up barrel ($225) and a single action Western revolver ($110), all in a week, and that was after buying a Ruger LCRx 38 3" barrel 5 shot revolver ($300) the week before, and I could go on.

I started out "needing" 2 guns: a carry pistol (Smith 642) and a range pistol (Ruger GP100 .22), but I have bought 20 guns.
    At least I've sold 8, and have more to cut, but how can I cut my Shields? :dunno:
    I know, I need to make a decision whether to keep the 9mm or the 45mm but I'm enjoying both right now. :laugh:

I don't want to take a chance I can't sell my Sig for $200 quickly and be stuck with both 1911-22 guns.
    I'm willing to do so at the Colt's price of $175, but I know I sound silly just even processing about it: $25 more dollars and tax either way.

I want to get a Baretta tip up barrel .22 and a .32 just b/c I like that sort of thing, and am looking.
    I missed a Baretta 32 2 weeks ago at Hoosier Armory b/c I didn't know what it was looking at it (tip up barrel not mentioned) for $300.
    Now I know.
    He's getting in some more of the 22 and 25 from an estate next week so perhaps there will be a Baretta among them, or even a Taurus.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. I don't know if I have any advice to give here. But this just makes me smile. That's some gun love right there.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well. I don't know if I have any advice to give here. But this just makes me smile. That's some gun love right there.

I have been having so much fun since May when I started this journey (been away from since about 1990 after prior 15 yrs. with mostly small calibers.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Personally, I would not get hung up on the Colt name, especially in this circumstance as it is not really a Colt. I'd figure out what is going on with your Sig 22 and field stripping it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I would not get hung up on the Colt name, especially in this circumstance as it is not really a Colt. I'd figure out what is going on with your Sig 22 and field stripping it.

1. Yes, I have to get it working perfectly before I sell it anyway.
    2. I have it sitting here next to me in peices not able to figure out how to get the "plunger" working properly that leads to getting the spring and guide rod out and then getting the barrel out, which gets back to the bushing.
    3. If I have to I'll see about sending it back to Sig if I don't find someone who has the answer.
    4. It works fine, I just want to be able to clean it better, but I am concerned about the bent washer I saw, but don't know where it the gun it went: I found it in the slide.
    And, what the consequences of not being wherever it was.
    5. Anyone know of a good gunsmith that knows Sigs?

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    1. Yes, I have to get it working perfectly before I sell it anyway.
    2. I have it sitting here next to me in peices not able to figure out how to get the "plunger" working properly that leads to getting the spring and guide rod out and then getting the barrel out, which gets back to the bushing.
    3. If I have to I'll see about sending it back to Sig if I don't find someone who has the answer.
    4. It works fine, I just want to be able to clean it better, but I am concerned about the bent washer I saw, but don't know where it the gun it went: I found it in the slide.
    And, what the consequences of not being wherever it was.
    5. Anyone know of a good gunsmith that knows Sigs?

Doddg.... if you can wait until mid- to end of next week, I'll take a look at it. Not a smith, but a GSG owner.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Doddg.... if you can wait until mid- to end of next week, I'll take a look at it. Not a smith, but a GSG owner.

1. Thanks so much! Best news I have had in this Sig journey.
    2. Having someone who has this style look at it can see what is different.
    3. I put in a text to Dddrees that I bought it from and hope to talk to him tomorrow, wanted to today but wasn't home till later.
    4. I'm going to post up some pics of the bags of parts from CW Accessories that will give some insight, also.
    5. I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so I will be very flexible in coming whenever you are available: I'll pm you my cell #
    6. Again, thanks, it is appreciated!
    7. I was trying to flatten out the washer that goes on the guide rod under the spring, but it fell in the garage and I hope to find it with better light. :dunno:
    8. I don't think there is anything special about it, other than knowing what material it was made out of and I can assume stainless steel; it just needs to be big enough to go around the guide rod and wide enough for the spring to rest on as the washer sits on the "base."

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1. Thanks so much! Best news I have had in this Sig journey.
    2. Having someone who has this style look at it can see what is different.
    3. I put in a text to Dddrees that I bought it from and hope to talk to him tomorrow, wanted to today but wasn't home till later.
    4. I'm going to post up some pics of the bags of parts from CW Accessories that will give some insight, also.
    5. I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so I will be very flexible in coming whenever you are available: I'll pm you my cell #
    6. Again, thanks, it is appreciated!
    7. I was trying to flatten out the washer that goes on the guide rod under the spring, but it fell in the garage and I hope to find it with better light. :dunno:
    8. I don't think there is anything special about it, other than knowing what material it was made out of and I can assume stainless steel; it just needs to be big enough to go around the guide rod and wide enough for the spring to rest on as the washer sits on the "base."

Well. Dddrees you say. That is interesting.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I definitely wouldn't get hung up on the names. I have the Sig (of course) but I still really consider it a GSG not a Sig. I bought a Walther made pellet pistol and it was seemed junky to me.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I definitely wouldn't get hung up on the names. I have the Sig (of course) but I still really consider it a GSG not a Sig. I bought a Walther made pellet pistol and it was seemed junky to me.

And at one point I thought Umarex made some of these, maybe for Walther, so not sure it even qualified as a "Walther"

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well. Dddrees you say. That is interesting.

1. Yes, we talked on the phone and texted today about the gun.
    2. He replaced the guide rod and spring with the "plunger" at the end of the guide rod at the front of the gun under the barrel.
    3. He
    feltbadly that I was having issues, but I told him I didn't blame him for parts not machined correctly (I believe it is too tight).

4. I thought a Walther was a top-tier name.
    5. The PPS was only 1 of 3 guns to not have a misfire in the 2015 Guns and ammo test of firing 1000 rounds of all single-stack 9mms sold in the US.

And at one point I thought Umarex made some of these, maybe for Walther, so not sure it even qualified as a "Walther"

6. My main reason to get the Colt (made by Walther) is I read where the Sig with that green coating on it doesn not hold up well and chips and rubs off.
    7. No big deal for a shooter, but when I want to sell it and it looks like it's 200 yrs. old obviously I'll wish I had the Colt.
    8. I wonder if Sig would retreat it after the green came off since that is a manufacturer thing, not a wear thing.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    4. I thought a Walther was a top-tier name.
    5. The PPS was only 1 of 3 guns to not have a misfire in the 2015 Guns and ammo test of firing 1000 rounds of all single-stack 9mms sold in the US.

The Pellet gun mentioned was probably made by Umarex, the parent company of Walther. I've had some pellet guns made by Umarex that were pretty good, and some not so good.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got word today that the Colt/Walther 1911-22 sold today at Marksman Shooting Sports in Westfield so I don't have to wonder anymore. :dunno:

Top Bottom