• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have been toying with the idea of buying a Sig MCX ever since I got my MPX (which i LOVE). Now, with the release of the new version of the MCX, I am looking to make the leap.

I know I want this gun in 300 BLK and I know I want it in a pistol configuration (I will eventually SBR it).

So...my question becomes, do I want the new MCX Rattler (5.5" 300 BLK barrel) or the MCX Virtus Pistol (9" barrel). Either is going to be a host for my AAC .30 cal can and I will mostly be running subsonics through it. 5.5" just seems really short for a rifle caliber round, but I love how compact it is.

Input and/or experience would be greatly appreciated., INGO.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I haven't personally shot either, however, just last week I compared the two side by side (well, it was actually the MCX non-Vertus model) at my local shop I frequent and support. I really like the Rattler, but am curious about sound and tone from a 30 cal can. The size is really appealing for a compact travel gun stowed away in a small bag, especially if you were to SBR it and throw a folding stock on it. I currently have an LWRC PDW (8") in 5.56 and even with a can, it's loud. I bought it in 2015 when collapsible stocks we're the new thing, and I liked the idea of compatibility with the rest of my ARs for mags and ammo. If I could do it all over, I definitely would go with something like the Rattler.

On a side note, I love my MPX as well. Currently waiting on my Omega 9k and plan on chopping the barrel to 4.5". When both stamps roll back (hopefully before Thanksgiving), it will be my new travel buddy.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    If anyone is interested, I got word today from the horse's mouth.

Called Sig and talked to a CSR about suppressing the 5.5" barrel of the rattler. He stated multiple times that you can run subsonic ammo through the MCX Rattler 300blk without issues. He said they have regularly run their SRD338 suppressor on it with subsonic ammo without issues. However, when I really pressed him on that in regard to minimum barrel length for most suppressors and my plan to use this MCX 300BLK primarily for subsonic suppressed shooting, he said...."definitely go with the 9" MCX Virtus, not the Rattler. Its not designed for full time suppressed shooting"

Guess they answered my question.

Top Bottom