• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I had some time to kill this afternoon and was up by Point Blank in Carmel so I decided to stop in. I had no intention of buying a gun, especially because I consider most of their prices to be outrageous. However, as I was perusing the used gun counter, I found something that peaked my interest.

Glock 19 RTF2G. This is the one with the "gills". Excellent condition. 3 mags, original barrel AND a Lone Wolf threaded barrel. No original box. Priced at $429.99 (this is NOT one of the new release G19s with gills)

I have started collecting Glock 19's over the past year and didn't want to pass on this one. I know I didn't over pay for it based up on the condition of the gun, the extra threaded barrel and the 3 mags. Just wondering how rare these G19RTF2G's are and their value. Plus...how much does not having the original box affect the value.

And final question....do I need to leave the original sights on the gun to maximize value or should I put on this set of Trijicon night sights I have already?

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Since you don't have the box and sights are easy to change out, dress it up however you want.
    You did pretty darn good on the price considering you got a $100 barrel with it and 3 mags.
    The only 19's that are really collectible are the Gen1's which are almost impossible to find for sale, and the Gen 3 Austrian imports with proof marks and US import mark under the trigger guard.
    The RTF2 gill models are pretty cool. Might be collectible some day.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would head over to Glocktalk forum and search or post under collector section.

I think you did good on price as long as it's clean. I would put $80 on the Lone Wolf then you got it for 350.

JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    You did good on that deal. I am not really a Glock guy, but would have jumped on that one. Congrats!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You did good. The 19's with the gills are hard to come by. 17's are more common. The new RTF2 19's do not have Gills from what I saw in the Glock release. The 17's and the 22's on the new release do have Gills, I believe. I would have bought it had I seen it without even considering the Lone Wolf barrel, just on the aspect of it being a 19 with Gills and in good condition, etc. Not for the $ value, but more just so I could have a 19 with Gills.

Not sure on the box impacting the value. (I've never worried about having the box specific to the gun as far as impact of value on a Glock, so someone else would have to chime in on that).

You can easily put the OEM sights back on if needed, I'd outfit it with your Trijicon's.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Thanks for the feedback....my google-fu seems to indicate that the original G19RTF2G's (came out in 2009) are rather rare and that the 17's & 22's are much more prevalent. I am glad I was in the right place at the right time.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    ACC - just a reminder that you have to get 50 quality posts before you put it up in the classifieds. ;)

(Only a passing Glock guy, but that looks like a good deal.)

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    did well. I got a straight serration RTF9 19 for around that price with two mags and no extra barrel. so well done.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Check out Ebay for a close to original carry box, and or booklets and brushes. Bought a S&W model for my SD9VE, manuals, lock, and hard case for $25. (Standard ship was a cardboard box) I think this was for M&P, but my SD9VE works perfect fit. Some guys at Gun Shows have them too. Good luck.

Top Bottom