• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a fascination with tilt-up barrels.
    I have a .25 Beretta that I got off Townmarshall for $225 with some ammo, bringing the real price down (in my mind's rationalization) to $175ish.
    I bought a .22 Taurus off joncon for $160, and was glad to get it at that price.

Today, I had a chance to shoot the Taurus .22. (been slow to go to the range b/c of buying a house and getting our old one ready to put on the market)
    It was all over the place. It pulled to the right, instead of the normal pulling to the left, but since there isn't much recoil, how is that possible?
    One shot or two I would be right on it, then the next five would be far, far away???

I got my .25 Beretta out and it was its usual wonderful, right on the money placement.
    Therefore, I ruled out that it was me, the X factor: the human element.

Are Berettas that superior to the Taurus?
    Would a Beretta .22 be like the .25 Beretta in consistency?

In my research, I did not find the disparity between the two in youtube vids comparing the two.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I believe you're mistaken, you didn't buy your Taurus from me. I've never sold you a firearm. We emailed about the Beretta 21 and the Taurus TP22 and I told you I had one of each and was happy with them, but I never sold either of mine as I still own both.
    Are you shooting the Beretta with it cocked and the Taurus double action? That might account for the difference. My Taurus is double action only. I can hit with it better than the Beretta.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I believe you're mistaken, you didn't buy your Taurus from me. I've never sold you a firearm. We emailed about the Beretta 21 and the Taurus TP22 and I told you I had one of each and was happy with them, but I never sold either of mine as I still own both.
    Are you shooting the Beretta with it cocked and the Taurus double action? That might account for the difference. My Taurus is double action only. I can hit with it better than the Beretta.

1. Oops! sorry! I just went back to my messages and saw your name and the words tilt-up barrel.
    2. I think it was boogieman.
    3. Hey, while you are here: any comments about the shooting of what you got?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm surprised noone has given input about the Taurus PT22, their rimfire tilt-up barrel, which is an imitation of the Beretta .22, tilt-up barrel.

In an earlier post I mentioned that my Beretta .25 shoots well, but my Taurus PT22 doesn't seem to have the consistent shooting pattern.

For those of you who have the Taurus .22, is this typical for them, not being avery accurate?

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm surprised noone has given input about the Taurus PT22, their rimfire tilt-up barrel, which is an imitation of the Beretta .22, tilt-up barrel.

In an earlier post I mentioned that my Beretta .25 shoots well, but my Taurus PT22 doesn't seem to have the consistent shooting pattern.

For those of you who have the Taurus .22, is this typical for them, not being avery accurate?

I think one thing to remember is that the Taurus PT22 (and derivatives) have a double-action only trigger. The Beretta can fire double-action or single-action. So, for me at least, a long and heavy DAO trigger is not as accurate as a short and light single-action trigger. For what it is worth, I love shooting my Beretta 21A in .22LR and it is spot on.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I think one thing to remember is that the Taurus PT22 (and derivatives) have a double-action only trigger. The Beretta can fire double-action or single-action. So, for me at least, a long and heavy DAO trigger is not as accurate as a short and light single-action trigger. For what it is worth, I love shooting my Beretta 21A in .22LR and it is spot on.

1. Appreciate the input!
    2. Had a chance to buy a Beretta 22 tonight for a great price ($150) but he had to sell it tonight, but I'm dead after moving 55 boxes today plus a ton of garage and shed stuff, and I was not going to get dressed and go out again: getting old.

Top Bottom