• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    In different threads I have alluded to the fact that I sold all my guns in the early 90s, keeping only my Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 and my NAA single-action 5 shot .22 mag.
    After starting up again last May with buying/selling guns and going to the gun range for the 1st time (used to go free at Edinburg in late 80s, I took the little NAA to the range just to check function, and brought it home and put it away again, then couldn't find it when I looked later.
    I searched my room 3 times and nothing.

I was hoping with moving I would find it.
    Last evening I went through a drawer that I had gone through 3 times, but I literally looked in all the boxes of medical supplies and found my NAA in an empty box that I was so clever in putting it in that I never dreamed that I put it in there.

FOUND: finally, after 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey, can you go check that drawer for an SKS bayonet?

I swear it was on the shelf above my gun safe 3 months ago, but I've looked all over and can't find it now.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I hid our collection of silver dollars and couldn't find them for 3 yrs.
    My wife found them in my secret hiding place, but they were in a different room than I had them in for years. :dunno:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I found a 1000 rnd case of M855 in the back of a closet once. I just sold that case and used the $ to buy a 1000 rnd case of MK262 Mod 1 77 grain. Win!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I found an SKS in a spare safe that I would have bet even money was empty. I know it was empty because I had sold off all the guns that were in it. All of them. I swear.

Friend wanted the safe. Spousal unit wanted it moved. OK........we get it tipped up to roll the moving cart under it and something inside goes "Thump"
    Open it up and wow....there is the SKS I used to teach my kids semi-auto long gun.....:dunno:

My buddy mentioned it was his safe now so the contents were his........Ha

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I found an SKS in a spare safe that I would have bet even money was empty. I know it was empty because I had sold off all the guns that were in it. All of them. I swear.

Friend wanted the safe. Spousal unit wanted it moved. OK........we get it tipped up to roll the moving cart under it and something inside goes "Thump"
    Open it up and wow....there is the SKS I used to teach my kids semi-auto long gun.....:dunno:

My buddy mentioned it was his safe now so the contents were his........Ha

1. That so sounds like my best friend of 47 yrs.
    2. When he visited recently and I was showing him my guns he kept asking to buy this one and that and I kept telling him no, and he kept pressing me why?
    3. He said everything was for sale for a price, and I said yes, but that would not be a friend-price, that would be nearly retail price.
    4. I told him if he didn't quit brow-beating me about selling I wasn't going to show him any more guns. :laugh:

Top Bottom