• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    With buying/selling houses and downsizing I have had no time to go to the range, but I do indulge in looking at the Classifieds here in INGO and Armslist.
    I had been eyeing a S/W M&P Bodyguard .380 for $200 with holster, 2 mags and some Hornady ammo.
    They had not responded to my reply of "I'll take it," for the past few days, so I assumed they sold it and just weren't responding, but, of course, that didn't keep me from emailing them every day inquiring. :dunno:
    I had given up on it, and was only interested b/c I have a Smith 9mm and 45mm Shield.

The guy contacted me at work today (couldn't even answer for 45 minutes b/c I was with students).

He wanted to meet (and he is near me!) and apologized for not getting back with me (b/c of work).

I've always said I'd buy about anything if the price (value) is there, and this is a prime case.
    Even other guns like it are $250 - $400. I wouldn't have bought it for $250 (bought a Shield 9mm for $280 and the 45 Shield for $320 with 2 boxes of ammo) but I have a weak spot for $200 (or less :laugh:) guns.

I would like to buy a Ruger single-action 6 shooter, but dang, they never sell under $400 or even $300.
    I have a cheap Heritage Arms I bought for $110 that I console myself with. :rockwoot:
    The time will come when things settle down about my house situation, that I'll get a one, I'm sure.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I compared it to my Colt Mustang, and it was essentially the same size with the barrel length being a little longer (3/8-1/2 inch ish).
    It will be fun to see how they feel comparatively in the hand firing, but with preparing to move it will be won't be soon.
    My wife told me we would be unpacking for Thanksgiving and Xmas. :dunno: Can't we just leave things in boxes?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I own a 45 Shield?
    I have been so busy since Wednesday of the 1st week of Oct. when I started a 2 week vacation and unexpectedly my wife finding a home to buy (I'd given up) and 2 days later owing it, then putting ours up for sale the following Thursday evening and it selling to the 1st viewer on Friday, and closing on our new house a week ago and going to close on our old one this Thursday: no time for enjoyment at the range.

But, during that time I bought a Henry lever-action 22 rifle and a Beretta 32 Tomcat and have tried to buy 3 other guns, 22 calibers (but was too late) since for relaxation I check the ads here and Armslitst everyday.

I had a chance to sell the 45 to my best friend but I refused to do so since it is too new and I really liked it.

I've never had a caliber of that size before and it is "only" a little bigger than the Shield 9mm, so I'm still toying with the idea of which one to keep, but I can keep both for now, and I bought a few boxes of 45 ammo, so I'm looking forward to some more fun range time with it.

I'm such a newb that I'm enamored by owning the 45 since I got such a great deal on it so it is like money in the bank for me.
    I'll update everyone when I get to spend some time with it.

Right now I have to find the Point Blank Range down here where I live now (SE Indy instead of NE Indy), around S. Franklin above Southeastern Ave.
    But, since I have a hundred boxes to unload it's not going to happen for weeks and weeks: shelves to put up, furniture to sell, furniture to buy.
    I can't even find my Sams Club Hawaiian Blend coffee! Where are my priorities?

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I own a 45 Shield?
    I have been so busy since Wednesday of the 1st week of Oct. when I started a 2 week vacation and unexpectedly my wife finding a home to buy (I'd given up) and 2 days later owing it, then putting ours up for sale the following Thursday evening and it selling to the 1st viewer on Friday, and closing on our new house a week ago and going to close on our old one this Thursday: no time for enjoyment at the range.

But, during that time I bought a Henry lever-action 22 rifle and a Beretta 32 Tomcat and have tried to buy 3 other guns, 22 calibers (but was too late) since for relaxation I check the ads here and Armslitst everyday.

I had a chance to sell the 45 to my best friend but I refused to do so since it is too new and I really liked it.

I've never had a caliber of that size before and it is "only" a little bigger than the Shield 9mm, so I'm still toying with the idea of which one to keep, but I can keep both for now, and I bought a few boxes of 45 ammo, so I'm looking forward to some more fun range time with it.

I'm such a newb that I'm enamored by owning the 45 since I got such a great deal on it so it is like money in the bank for me.
    I'll update everyone when I get to spend some time with it.

Right now I have to find the Point Blank Range down here where I live now (SE Indy instead of NE Indy), around S. Franklin above Southeastern Ave.
    But, since I have a hundred boxes to unload it's not going to happen for weeks and weeks: shelves to put up, furniture to sell, furniture to buy.
    I can't even find my Sams Club Hawaiian Blend coffee! Where are my priorities?

Fortunately for you, the southside Sam's Club and the southside Point Blank are only about a mile apart (if that). :)

Top Bottom