• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I got in on the pre-sale of the new Arsenal Stryk B back in June. The dealer I bought it from has been great about keeping me updated on the production and import happenings with this new gun. many of you may know they have had some delays in getting these guns into the US.

Back in early September the dealer got notification that the guns would be in the US by early October and in the dealers hands by late October (now).

Today, he emailed me to say that Arsenal has decided that all the guns they have in the US will now NOT be shipped to dealers. Instead they are going to use them all to send to press/marketing people! Now they are saying they will not ship the next batch until mid November. This means I will be lucky to have it by Christmas. :(

Aside from being pissed...can anyone tell me if this is Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for a new gun?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep, this is why I don't pre-order stuff that far in advance of release. Of course, most of the stuff I'm after is commodity, and pre-ordering never renders a great price.

Hope it works out.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Usually the first back of something new goes to media people and sales reps, they want to build the hype up more and get the people selling them familiar with them before they receive them. Really I find it more odd that they said the first batch (or all of the first batch) would go to retailers.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    My SOP is to usually wait until the year AFTER a new release. I miss the "first kid on the block" premiums and the joys of beta testing new designs that way.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I got in on the pre-sale of the new Arsenal Stryk B back in June. The dealer I bought it from has been great about keeping me updated on the production and import happenings with this new gun. many of you may know they have had some delays in getting these guns into the US.

Back in early September the dealer got notification that the guns would be in the US by early October and in the dealers hands by late October (now).

Today, he emailed me to say that Arsenal has decided that all the guns they have in the US will now NOT be shipped to dealers. Instead they are going to use them all to send to press/marketing people! Now they are saying they will not ship the next batch until mid November. This means I will be lucky to have it by Christmas. :(

Aside from being pissed...can anyone tell me if this is Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for a new gun?

Sorry to hear about the delays, this is one of the things I really dislike about the gun industry.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I ended up hitting up Arsenal on social media to get their response. They are 100% denying that they made the decision to send the first batch out to reviewers. However, here we are at November 2 and I have yet to see any dealers or pre-order customers with guns in had. Anxiously watching to see if reviewers/publications/press start coming out with reviews on this gun. Then I will know for sure Arsenal is lying.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I ended up hitting up Arsenal on social media to get their response. They are 100% denying that they made the decision to send the first batch out to reviewers. However, here we are at November 2 and I have yet to see any dealers or pre-order customers with guns in had. Anxiously watching to see if reviewers/publications/press start coming out with reviews on this gun. Then I will know for sure Arsenal is lying.

This is not a good sign.

Top Bottom