• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I have a Bersa 380 CC (concealed carry model). The main differences are that there are no parts that drastically stick out that could snag on clothing, especially the sights.
    I was just at the range, and wasn't real happy with the results that I got. The sights are really low, and difficult to use.
    Here's the question.
    Is it reasonable to add some really bright/fluorescent type of paint on the sights to improve visibility of the sights and the sight picture?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Yeah, the CC model does have small sights, but that is the idea around the design of the pistol. That type of a gun is really not designed to shoot bullseyes....just keep them on a small paper plate at 7 yards, and your good to go. ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've added either bright yellow or fluorescent yellow to various front sights over the years to help them stand out. It's not a bad way to make them a bit more visible, but a 380 CC does not have much sight there to work with. That's a gun that you want to get good a point shooting with.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If you're going to paint the sights, a good tip is to lay down a layer of white under whatever other color you want to apply (like yellow, orange, etc.). You'll get a brighter topcoat that way.

Wolffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Thank you all!
    RugerToter: You're right. But, it's going to be a while before I get that good. I need to go to the range more. So, I'll try some bright fingernail polish to see if that helps until then.

Top Bottom