Any thoughts on the STI 2011 carry models?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    What carry model are you referencing? The Costa Carry Comps? I would definitely consider one if in the market. STI makes great guns and stands behind their products.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They make some nice guns, i've owned a couple and built a couple off frame kits. I don't think i'd actually use one as an EDC, especially in .45 but maybe in 9mm.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    My EDC is a STI 2011 Perfect 10 with a 6” slide in 10mm. Off the bench at 25 yards slow fire I can keep a full load of 23 rounds in about 2”, rapid fire they stay about 3”-3 ½” due to weight of pistol. Mine has not jammed once on me but I use turned mags. The finish is not hard if I could do over I would have hard chrome slide. Not had to use their customer service but hear it is first rate.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Was told that a guy I sometimes shoot with went to the trouble of getting a custom license plate DVCFTF .

My experience (3 guns) , Trojan had to be sent back due to issues snapping slide stops, Edge sent back after recoil assembly wedged & locked slide (replaced it with traditional spring & rod), Eagle no issues but seemed to wear fast. A buddy had about the same luck with his DVC & his sons open gun.

STI seems good at getting guns fixed & getting them working eventually, for a self defense carry gun they would not be my choice.

Top Bottom