• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I have had a G19 3rd Gen for years now that I keep primarily as a bed side gun. I prefer to carry my Springfields XDS for the size and sights.

I had a really nice guy at Rural King take some time and allow me to hold various 4 inch style guns and I'll admit they feel so much better in my hand than the glock. I held the Springfield XD-Mod 2 9mm, H&K VP9, F&N of some sort, M&P 9mm.

Out of all of them I gravitated toward the XD-Mod 2 and the VP9. I cold probably pick up the XD-Mod 2 and keep my glock but if I went to the VP9 I would have to trade in the Glock to cover the price gap between the XD and VP9.

If the VP9 is by far a superior gun I am fine with that. It did feel really heavy and well built. Just looking for some advice from those who have shot both and owned both if the Vp9 is a superior gun to warrant the extra 200 bucks.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I would buy an VP9 over a XD mod2, but I wouldn’t be willing to trade off or sell the Glock 19. My vote is keep the G19 and use the money you save to invest in upgrading the trigger, sights and buy more magazines. Maybe a weaponlight and some G 17 magazines for extra capacity.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I prefer the VP9 and have owned the XD as well, there's a nice one in the classifieds right now for 450.00 (not mine) then you can keep your glock and have the HK!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If you are in Indy, head down to the Point Blank in Greenwood and try out their rental VP9 and XD Mod2, I think they have them both in their rental case. I'm betting you will be surprised how much better you shoot either one over your Glock. See which one you like best. Will make trading in your Glock an easier decision.

Either one would do well as a nightstand gun, but I'd always lean towards an HK over anything from Springfield.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Did you hold a new M&P 2.0 Compact? If the M&P you checked out was not one of these, I'd add them to your list to check out and shoot. I also hear good things about the CZ P10C (which has the benefit of fitting many Glock 19 holsters).

I picked up an M&P Compact 2.0 and I'll say as a steadfast Glock guy for many years now, they may be in danger of no longer being the go to gun for me.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    While the mod2 is a definite improvement in the grip of the XD and XDm, the H&K will melt into your hand. Either will outlast most people but H&K is much better quality wise. RK's probably cheapest new but there are a ton of used VP9s available for less.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Another vote for anything HK. I've had a total of 4 VP9s, and you can pick them up in the used market from 450ish price point. New VP9s are going for about 500 bucks online, and if you can hold out, wait until some black Friday sales.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Went to the shop to look at again at the VP9 and was able to hold the Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact. That gun feels fantastic in my hand. Probably going to try and rent it at Point Blank if they have it and see how it shoots.

I was set on the Vp9 or Springfield because I was confident that they were as reliable as my glock 19. Never really dug into how reliable the M&P line is.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Went to the shop to look at again at the VP9 and was able to hold the Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact. That gun feels fantastic in my hand. Probably going to try and rent it at Point Blank if they have it and see how it shoots.

I was set on the Vp9 or Springfield because I was confident that they were as reliable as my glock 19. Never really dug into how reliable the M&P line is.

M&P is good to go.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I have an original XD45 Service and have never had a malfunction with it over the years. It has eaten everything from factory to handloads to steel cased ammo. I love the new grip on the Mod 2 guns. The original wasn’t great but the new grip grabs your hand very well. I am seriously thinking about getting a new one to replace my current XD45.

Top Bottom