• ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi guys;
    Well I went and bought a handgun that I did not need or want. I'm not knocking it, on the contrary, it turned out to be a very fine handgun.
    I already have a S&W 642 Airweight that is super so I didn't need another similar handgun but I just couldn't pass up the deal.
    A local gun store had an e-mail "Flash sale" for one day only and I was on their list so I went down to look at it and found it to be a very nice looking handgun. The retail price was $330 + tax but was on sale for nearly half of that.
    It functioned perfectly and locked up tight so I bought it.
    After I got it home I checked the specs as follows. Barrel/cylinder gap, .005, cylinder bore .3575, DA trigger, 11.5#, SA trigger, 3#. So I took it to the range with 158gn swc +P ammo and it shoots exactly to point of aim at 7 yards.
    Now what's not to like about that, plus the grip, for me is right on for instinct shooting.
    What more can I say? I was amazed.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I had a Taurus model 605 revolver follow me home one day. Now somehow I have two of them one blued and one stainless. Not sure what happened. :D

Seriously, I was really pleasantly surprised with the Taurus revolvers. Like you, I really have no complaints and the price is very reasonable.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I probably would have bought one had I known. I had a 85CH. After I worked the action some, it was a nice revolver. Kinda wish I hadn't sold it. I don't think they make the CH model anymore.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have a model 85, with a 3" bbl., I don't think they make those anymore, either .....

Wikipedia, says they are still available .....

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Palmetto had been having them for $159.99 after rebate. They had the model 85 paired with ar10 lower for $229 i think and $209 with standard multi cal ar15 lower, after rebate. Great prices. I had the 905(9mm) that i bought for the wife years ago and it shot great, wife just didn't like the recoil of the snubbie so i sold it to get her something different. Im not a revolver fan or i definitely would of purchased one at Psa at those prices

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have a 65, 605 and 85. I don't like them quite is much as my Ruger revolvers, but I am very fond of them just the same. Taurus revolvers are really under rated.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I have a model 85, with a 3" bbl., I don't think they make those anymore, either .....

Wikipedia, says they are still available .....

Years ago I had a 3” model that blew up (long story). I sent it in for warranty and it took forever to get it back because at the time, they imported them with 2” barrels and had to put a 3” barrel on it when it came to the states. True story and I’ve never shot one since.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I had an 85CH back in the day that was my favorite revolver at the time. A few years back I bought a stainless 85 for like $250 new. Again, it was my favorite revolver at the time. I used it when walking and riding my bike cause I did not care if it got sweaty. Those little 85's are one of the most underrated revolvers out there.

Top Bottom