• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I received my e-mail from Sig, including the FEDEX shipping label, on October 27th. I shipped the pistol the next day. I received the modified pistol back today (Nov. 8th). That is a much, much quicker than I thought! After unpacking the pistol, I checked for empty and dry fired it. The trigger pull seemed lighter than it had before, but I couldn't be sure, so I pulled out the old electronic trigger pull gauge. I checked the weight before shipping and it was pretty consistently showing 7 pounds 10 oz. Today I weighed the trigger several times and the weight is right around 6 pounds 4 ounces! The quality of the trigger pull seems just a little better than before the modification. To say that I'm happy with Sig and the pistol is an understatement! I'm taking it to the range tomorrow and run it through its paces! I'm optimistic that it will be as reliable as before!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Glad to hear it. I registered mine a few weeks ago after seeing good reports on SigTalk and am currently waiting on my email.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    One other thing I'll mention is that I sent the pistol to Sig clean. I field stripped it to check it out. There were very small metal shavings (almost like metal dust) on the inside of the slide, so I cleaned them out. I also noticed that the barrel was dirty, so obviously they test fired it at the factory. Now it is cleaned and re-lubed and ready for the range!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I registered both of my 320's, one was on day one, the other I had to call in the next day(I couldn't enter it online it said the serial number was a government gun), and I'm still waiting to send them back, I got an email saying that I should expect the return info anytime in October or November, and I still haven't heard anything on the second one (the one I registered on day one)

a friend registered his on day one, he's already shipped it off, and got it back. he's happy with it.

im hearing good things about the upgrade, guys really like it

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I registered both of my 320's, one was on day one, the other I had to call in the next day(I couldn't enter it online it said the serial number was a government gun), and I'm still waiting to send them back, I got an email saying that I should expect the return info anytime in October or November, and I still haven't heard anything on the second one (the one I registered on day one)

a friend registered his on day one, he's already shipped it off, and got it back. he's happy with it.

im hearing good things about the upgrade, guys really like it
    I had difficulty registering my P320C online, so I ended up calling them. They were very responsive and took the information down. Here's hoping you'll get your FEDEX shipping labels soon!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I'm really glad to hear that it's being handled so well. I heard it was a planned upgrade anyway to later models due to whatever they are doing being standard on the Army's new sidearm. They seem to be handling the influx of recall guns well enough

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Wondering if they recoated where they had to mill the slide. I’m not sure what work has to be done. Just not super pumped about having exposed metal inside the slide. Not that I think it will hurt anything. Just curious.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Can you send any barrel/slide combination in, or do they want only the original purchase setup?
    From the FAQ's at Sig website: What about my CAL-X Kits?
    You should send any and all P320 slides with your shipment, as the striker(s) will be replaced, and the slide(s) will need the disconnector cut.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Sounds good OP. Did you get out to the range today? How did it shoot?

I debated sending mine in. I already have an apex flat tigger but the reset is awful, can’t feel it or hear it. I’m sure it’s the trigger bar spring getting torqued during install (I didn’t do install) but it shoots incredibly well. I’ve seen so many positive reviews on the voluntary upgrade **cough recall cough** that I figured I should just send it in. I registered a couple days ago. Got an email from Sig today saying we will be in touch soon with the shipping label.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I received this email this evening:
    Dear Dan,

As part of our promise to provide you with updates on the status of the P320 Voluntary Upgrade Program, we are pleased to inform you that pistol upgrades are now underway.
    As scheduled, some customers have already received the first wave of return information and additional customers will begin receiving return call tags in the coming weeks.
    Thank you for your continued patience throughout this process. We look forward to keeping you informed as further updates become available.
    The SIG SAUER Team

Hopefully I'll get my shipping label soon.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Sounds good OP. Did you get out to the range today? How did it shoot?

I debated sending mine in. I already have an apex flat tigger but the reset is awful, can’t feel it or hear it. I’m sure it’s the trigger bar spring getting torqued during install (I didn’t do install) but it shoots incredibly well. I’ve seen so many positive reviews on the voluntary upgrade **cough recall cough** that I figured I should just send it in. I registered a couple days ago. Got an email from Sig today saying we will be in touch soon with the shipping label.
    The P320C shot great today. I like the lighter weight trigger pull. The sights were off to the right. I went home and drifted them. I went back to the range and I had drifted them too far. I'll be back at the range tomorrow. If there were a vise available at the range or a sight pusher, it would be nice. Thinking about that perfect world again. Gotta stop that! If I weren't so cheap, I'd probably invest in a sight pusher. Being an old revolver shooter, I don't even think about trigger reset. I just shoot the thing like a revolver. I like the way Sig handled this. It is much better IMHO for them to receive the gun when they are prepared to modify it than to have them pile up and keep them for several weeks. This is my only Sig, so my first experience with the company. I have been favorably impressed.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The P320C shot great today. I like the lighter weight trigger pull. The sights were off to the right. I went home and drifted them. I went back to the range and I had drifted them too far. I'll be back at the range tomorrow. If there were a vise available at the range or a sight pusher, it would be nice. Thinking about that perfect world again. Gotta stop that! If I weren't so cheap, I'd probably invest in a sight pusher. Being an old revolver shooter, I don't even think about trigger reset. I just shoot the thing like a revolver. I like the way Sig handled this. It is much better IMHO for them to receive the gun when they are prepared to modify it than to have them pile up and keep them for several weeks. This is my only Sig, so my first experience with the company. I have been favorably impressed.

I whole heartedly agree with you. It makes no sense shipping a firearm to NH only to have it sit untouched for 4 weeks until they can get to it.

Did sig adjust your sights when they did the upgrade? I didn’t think they were messing with the sights.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I whole heartedly agree with you. It makes no sense shipping a firearm to NH only to have it sit untouched for 4 weeks until they can get to it.

Did sig adjust your sights when they did the upgrade? I didn’t think they were messing with the sights.
    I doubt that they messed with the sights. I remember the sights being a little off to the right the last time I shot it, but I was shooting at closer distances (Bill drills). This time I was shooting at 25 yards and the sights being off was much more apparent. I drifted them again, I'll check them today.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I went ahead and called Sig and they stated removal of sights is unnecessary as they won’t be touched. Whatever sights you send it in with are the sights you’ll get back.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My trial and error sight drifting finally paid off! They are as close as I can get them now. I did some random 1 sec. facing and 2 sec. edge drills this morning. I have fallen in love with my P 320 Compact all over again! Don't tell the wife!

Top Bottom