• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    Hello everyone! What do you think about small guns 1 mm caliber ?
    I`m very keen on miniature weapons, and I always wanted to make the smallest gun by myself)

Not so long I have made such pistol. It`s a golden shooting handgun with handle that made of Siberian mammoth ivory, weight only 2.6 grams and 1 mm caliber. Also I have made tiny catridges for it)

I am really impressed by that thing. So i want to know your opinion about my invention:D

miniature-guns_10.jpg miniature-guns-7.jpg miniature-guns-9.jpg

Last edited:

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    I never knew they existed so small! They're kind of neat actually but more like a novelty or a toy than anything else IMO.

Kind of reminds me of micro fishing in a way (using a long pole with a tiny handmade hook to catch minnows basically). I guess we're on the right track for micro hunting now.

Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    You are right! I think that my guns are the smallest ones in the world by this day - I worked on them for a long time)

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    It probably is the smallest. Submit it for a Guiness record and see what happens. Any videos of it shooting? I'm kind of interested haha. It's definitely neat though. How long did it take to make?

Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    Oh, thanks for advice))) It will be necessary to use it) I worked on this gun for about two years. There is the video with one of my pistols:)

[video=youtube_share;-7-0YPdhleU]https://youtu.be/-7-0YPdhleU[/video]

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Pretty cool the working Arsenal miniatures you always see pictures and video of are pretty legit too.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    They are a very cool segment of the modeling society, functional but not useful yet very cool. They take a lot of skill and patience that I don't have but I like looking. I appreciate your efforts.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Awesome work....very nice.......I can' remember where I saw several display cabinets of them.....NRA show? North America Model Engineering Society show? Either way, very very nice.......

Aaron

Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    Thanks) In addition to this pistol, I also developed a ring separately, inside which there is an acting pistol, caliber : 0.8 mm:D A golden handgun, 585 fineness of gold in the sterling silver 925 reliquary finger ring. All details of the gun(except two Swiss watch springs) are made of gold. The handle is made of Siberian mammoth ivory.

miniature-gun-scale-1-10.jpg miniature-gun-in-a-ring-frame.jpg miniature-gun-in-a-ring-always-armed.jpg miniature-gun-in-a-ring.jpg

Top Bottom