• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Was thinking about getting the pistol version and just wanted to get some feedback on quality and thoughts on it? Just for a range toy and something different. Thanks

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I really wanted one, and when I got one, I was very pleased with the quality. However, it was not very fun to shoot as it was too heavy for its wimpy caliber. I shot it a couple of times and then traded it off.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I had one a few years back and yes there are aftermarket parts to sweeten the trigger. Magazines are not expensive and it is fun to shoot!

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I like mine. I changed the charging handle, safety, trigger spring, and mod my magazines to drop free. It's fun to shoot and have not had any problems. I'll be keeping mine. Try it you will like it. My cat especially loves the box. She uses it to scratch and sleep on. Box is looking sad theses days so if anyone would like to donate their scorpion box to a grateful cat I'll take it. Lol.

Last edited:

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    I bought one about a year ago to sbr (stamp should be in any day now). First thing your going to want to do is either get a safety delete kit or take a dremel to the ambi safety. It digs into your hand, making it very uncomfortable to shoot. Also the trigger has like a 10lb pull on it, there are plenty of trigger options out there. I just got a reduced weight spring kit to take care of that, should be a 5lb pull now. Other than that its a nice gun. And once I'm able to put a stock on it it'll probably be my favorite cheap to shoot range toy.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    gYjP7RMl.jpg
    Love mine! Yes, you will need lighter trigger spring and different safety selector, but its worth the upgrade.

ArisakaTiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2017
    Westfield
    Love mine. Upgraded the trigger with an HBI flat trigger and spring kit. Runs beautifully and is fun to take to the range. Everyone who handles it loves the way it shoots.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have what may have been the first one in the state, and I SBRd it immediately. It has always had a dedicated suppressor on it and is a lot of fun to shoot. As a pistol it is admittedly very little fun, but as a short rifle it's a blast.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have what may have been the first one in the state, and I SBRd it immediately. It has always had a dedicated suppressor on it and is a lot of fun to shoot. As a pistol it is admittedly very little fun, but as a short rifle it's a blast.

QFT.

Shooting yours pushed me over the edge. Mine will get the K cut once the stamp is approved.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I always think you are talking about the Vz61 when people refer to the CZ Scorpion...haha. It was funny to see all the interest in that little cold war machine pistol until I remembered that you are referring to the modern rifle.

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    Get it. I have a scorpion sbr and it's my favorite pistol cal rifle. And I don't say that lightly. I also have an AR9 and a MP5 sbr

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    Just got the pistol version and haven't taken her out yet. I see a lot of after market pieces but which ones really add to the usefulness &/or fun side of this one?
    Also where are the best places to pickup parts for the Scorpion? I don't mind used / Trade but my counts to new for a WTB post.

Top Bottom