• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redleg16

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Good morning all. So Rural King has their PT 92's on sale for $339. Great price but i have no experience with Taurus or their pistols. Youtube tends to tilt towards the opinion that they are pretty good. Can someone who owns one or has owned one give me their thoughts on this firearm please.

Thanks in advance!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sweet price!!! I may need to go to Rural King later! I've had a PT92 for a long time (I bought it at Wal Mart if that's any indication) and it shoots just as well as the real thing! The grip seems a little larger than the original but that's probably directly related to the wooden grips the PT has vs the Beretta.

Damn I wish I hadn't read this!:laugh:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I had one in the late 90's. I didn't shoot it a whole lot but never had any issues. I actually preferred it over the Beretta because the safety is frame mounted and not on the slide.

For that money, I think its a good deal.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The few times I’ve handled them, they’ve been fantastic shooters, nice trigger, very accurate and easy to keep on target. I don’t think you’d regret it, especially at that price.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I had a PT92 that was a great gun. It was 100% reliable. I regretted selling it as it was my first 9mm handgun. My Grandson wanted to buy it, that the only reason I sold it. Taurus customer service is great and I still own several of their guns. That is a screaming deal!!!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a PT99 (same gun, adjustable sights) that I have had since approx 1991 or so and no issues. Mine is the pre-decocker version. Never had any issues with it. I had mine Black T coated way back then (which is the reason I have kept it all these years compared to trading most everything else off from that era that I had).
    That said, I'm not sure if the quality is the same these days as it was back then, but these initial PT 9x series guns (from when they took over the Beretta plant in Brazil) were what Taurus was originally known for and they did a great job with them.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I had a PT 101 back in the mid 90's. It was the 40 cal version in stainless. I found it reliable and relatively accurate.
    Although nothing amazing, I miss it. I wouldn't mind getting the 9mm and seeing how it performs.
    Happy shooting.
    Stay safe

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I bought a stainless version for $356 on gunbroker a few months ago and really enjoy it. Smooth trigger and feels great in hand especially with Hogue grips. You'll be happy if you buy one IMO.

Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    Well in defense of the Taurus pistols: Taurus 92 9mm, which I have, is pretty sweet. It may not be as accurate as my Sig P210, but I've never had a blood flow from a hammer bite. Then, of course, the Taurus 92 in the 22LR, but the targeted pistols are really in the class by themselves

Top Bottom