Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    7533668_01_ruger_single_six_22_640.jpg
    7533613_01_ruger_22lr_single_six_640.jpg

Finally!
    Since I love revolvers and .22s, I have been wanting a Ruger Single 6.
    I had not bought one b/c I didn't want to pay the $400ish that people were asking
    To console myself, this past Fall I bought a Heritage Single 6 for $110 off Townmarshall and had my fun with it at the range.

As you know, every day I check here and Armslist for guns that are selling under what the asking price is that most are asking.
    I bought a S/W M&P Shield 45 just b/c the price was so great ($325 w/$100/ammo), the same with a S/W Bodyguard 380 that I didn't need ($200), and just yesterday, an SD9VE S/W just b/c I thought the price was stellar: $250 w/5 magazines in perfect clean condition.

I saw these 2 revolvers: the top a 6 inch with a 22 magnum cylinder with it for $300 with box and instructions, lock and etc.
    The bottom one an 8 inch for $275, which I really wanted the longer barrel, but it was a little more worn with no box or extra cylinder.

I decided that I wanted the box and extra cylinder, and a little better shape more than I wanted the extra length in barrel.
    With my eyesight, the extra length would be wasted on me. :laugh:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Do you have a MARK II target yet.

The single six six is a tank of a single action revolver. Looks like you found a great one.

just enabled you towards your next purchase hope you enjoy the single six.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    At times I kinda wish I had kept my convertible 6. It was fun. But after I bought my S&W 617, I just didn't shoot it anymore.

Those Ruger's are very nice single actions!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Very nice! Built for a lifetime of fun (although the way you buy and sell...) LOL

1. I so deserve that, but some guns I never sell that to me are unique (my Colt Mustang and NAA 22 magnum single action from the late 80s).
    2. It will be interesting to see if I tire of my beloved 22 calibers, but I think I will sell only to get one that I've learned is "better" or unique in some way, like upgrading my Heritage Arms Single 6 that I will sell now that I have my Ruger Single Six.

Very nice! Those are 5.5" and 6.5" barrels.

3. Guess I'd better take my tape measure next time. :dunno:

Do you have a MARK II target yet.

4. I just saw For Sale: "Vintage Browning Buckmark Target Model 22LR Barely Used w/ Original Box for sale for $500" that maybe I should buy, based on the good things I have read about it, but it's more than I usually pay for a gun and I'm just not sure it is just a good deal or b/c of the profile, even though it is an older gun, a lightly used one that I should grab.
    5. Based
    on my not enjoying the S/W Victory that I bought for $300 and sold in a week b/c it did nothing for me at the range (I enjoy revolvers), I'm afraid the same would happen with this Browning.

The single six six is a tank of a single action revolver. Looks like you found a great one.
    just enabled you towards your next purchase hope you enjoy the single six.

6. It did feel really good in the hand.

Very nice, sometimes the best part of buying a firearm is the hunt for exactly what you want, enjoy!

7. You have no idea: it is what I live for. I love getting a fettish for something and pursuing it. Have done it with comic books when my son was 10ish (still have boxes I haven't sold yet) and antique cars (owned 6 at one time, not my smartest hobby, but I had the most fun 2 yrs. of my life), and went down the gun lane 35ish yrs. ago.

At times I kinda wish I had kept my convertible 6. It was fun. But after I bought my S&W 617, I just didn't shoot it anymore.

8. I look forward to firing the S/W 617. It is what I wanted to buy: for the first time in my life buying the "best," but I had the Ruger GP100 in my hand at Hoosier Armory, and it had just dropped in price from $630 to $600, and I had it in my hand, and I just went for it instead of spending the extra $$$$ and getting the Smith.
    9. If I ever find out the Smith 617 is a better "feel" than my Ruger GP100, I'll get it. I want to have the best 22 revolver (for a novice) that is available since I'm old and have a dime to spend.

Those Ruger's are very nice single actions!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Great gun....not to sidetrack the thread BUT I took a grandson out for his first shooting day with various 22's. We all ended up firing tons of 22 ammo - easy to forget how much fun 22's are. Sadly though many pop cans were destroyed in the making of this education and entertainment day...

We will looking forward to a range and accuracy report on the Rugers to see if the 6.5" helps to hold tighter groups.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Great gun....not to sidetrack the thread BUT I took a grandson out for his first shooting day with various 22's. We all ended up firing tons of 22 ammo - easy to forget how much fun 22's are. Sadly though many pop cans were destroyed in the making of this education and entertainment day...

We will looking forward to a range and accuracy report on the Rugers to see if the 6.5" helps to hold tighter groups.

1. Not Ruger(s), I only bought the top one with the box and 22 magnum cylinder and shorter barrel.
    2. Yes, it did enter my mind for a split second to buy both, but if I was going to do that, I'd buy that sweet stainless steel one I saw for sale. :laugh:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Wow...Congradulations on the addition(s) to your family! Those things are well-designed, accurate, fun to shoot, etc....all in one simple little package!

My first revolver ever was a 6.5" stainless Single-Six with both cylinders...still have it...still shoot it...still love it just as much as the day I picked it up! I bought mine 'used' (couldn't tell it had been fired) back in 1992 for $219 OTD!

Hope you enjoy it for a long time...I know I have enjoyed mine for the past 25+ years!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The browning buckmark target was made for one year maybe two tops. (1990 I do believe) The asking price of 500 is mint price. My book may be a year old but I doubt it has increased much. It has the same target sights and hoods as my 10 inch silly wet version but also the full weaver scope rail half the barrel length. I do the Hingis spring flip on buckmark pistols and find the trigger pull vastly improved for the cost of flipping the spring around. If you loose the rear sight hood the price on the collector market for that pistol drops 50 percent. I take it you follow armslist often also.

It is is not a smith 22a for sure. I think those were discontinued. Maybe for a reason.

You up are going to love the single six. For some reason they shoot much more accurately than they should with the giant jump to the lands and grooves of the rifling. They point very naturally and are a cans worst nightmare.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Wow...Congradulations on the addition(s) to your family! Those things are well-designed, accurate, fun to shoot, etc....all in one simple little package!

My first revolver ever was a 6.5" stainless Single-Six with both cylinders...still have it...still shoot it...still love it just as much as the day I picked it up! I bought mine 'used' (couldn't tell it had been fired) back in 1992 for $219 OTD!
    Hope you enjoy it for a long time...I know I have enjoyed mine for the past 25+ years!

1. A great endorsement!

The browning buckmark target was made for one year maybe two tops. (1990 I do believe) The asking price of 500 is mint price. My book may be a year old but I doubt it has increased much. It has the same target sights and hoods as my 10 inch silly wet version but also the full weaver scope rail half the barrel length. I do the Hingis spring flip on buckmark pistols and find the trigger pull vastly improved for the cost of flipping the spring around. If you loose the rear sight hood the price on the collector market for that pistol drops 50 percent. I take it you follow armslist often also.

2. Everyday on Armslist and classifieds here; that's how I find the sweet deals that I do. And when I find one I don't try to get a person down another nickel: I just rush over and buy it!
    3. Appreciate your feedback on the Browning. I certainly
    aren't looking for "mint" condition pieces, in fact, I rather like the "scratch and dent" genre and the price that comes with it.

It is is not a smith 22a for sure. I think those were discontinued. Maybe for a reason.

4. Keen insight. When I did some research on them I realized it was not a $1000 gun being offered at $500 b/c it was an older model. If it was, I would have jumped on it.

You up are going to love the single six. For some reason they shoot much more accurately than they should with the giant jump to the lands and grooves of the rifling. They point very naturally and are a cans worst nightmare.

5. Can't wait to get to the range. I have so many new guns I haven't been able to try out yet and it doesn't look good for the future.
    6. All consumed with the house: boxes still in every room, some worse than others, and the garage: don't want to talk about it.
    :laugh:

Top Bottom