• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    I've been window shopping 22 autos and I've narrowed it down to 3 that I'd love to have.

Before I list them, I'll say that I think the SW Victory would be a great purchase, I just didn't care much for it after handling one in person.

I would love to hear from anyone who owns/has owned, or has direct experience with these 3 handguns.

1. Beretta's M9-22
    I love my 92fs vertec, and I love how true-to-life this pistol is in function to it's 9mm big brothers. I had eliminated this one early on because of the polymer frame but I checked one out in person at Midwest Gun Exchange and decided that I could be very happy with it. Plus, a 15-round mag in a 22 auto is great.

2. Ruger Mark IV Standard
    I've always admired the Ruger Mark pistols but never owned one. I'm a die-hard ruger fan, and with the improvements to the IV I'm really leaning heavily towards this one.

3. Walther PPKS
    Yes, I'm shallow. I want this pistol because it looks so good.

These are the 3 I'm looking at, but if you know something that is so fantastic that it should take its place at the top of my list, then by all means I'd like to hear about it :)

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Ruger Mk IV is an excellent choice, particularly if you are a Ruger fan. They fixed the one big hang up that prevented me from recommending them for newbies- the assembly/disassembly process. Personally, I prefer the 22/45 to the Standard, but you can't go wrong with either.

Don't have direct experience with the other two.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    Ruger Mk IV is an excellent choice, particularly if you are a Ruger fan. They fixed the one big hang up that prevented me from recommending them for newbies- the assembly/disassembly process. Personally, I prefer the 22/45 to the Standard, but you can't go wrong with either.

Don't have direct experience with the other two.

I've just always loved that distinct look of the standards, with the tapered barrel and all.

I tend to agree with you, I'm tempted by the M9-22 features, but I know I'd never go wrong with the Ruger. Especially with the 1-button push take down now.

abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE
    2. Ruger Mark IV Standard
    I've always admired the Ruger Mark pistols but never owned one. I'm a die-hard ruger fan, and with the improvements to the IV I'm really leaning heavily towards this one.

3. Walther PPKS
    Yes, I'm shallow. I want this pistol because it looks so good.

These are the 3 I'm looking at, but if you know something that is so fantastic that it should take its place at the top of my list, then by all means I'd like to hear about it :)

I love any ruger mark, i have them all. takedown like im sure youve been told isnt easy, but these shoot tremendously well. i personally have never had any trouble with any of them.

the ppk/s is just a dream. the weight on it very nice, and of course it shoots just as nice. like you i wanted it bc of how it looked and felt. i was not disappointed.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    I love any ruger mark, i have them all. takedown like im sure youve been told isnt easy, but these shoot tremendously well. i personally have never had any trouble with any of them.

the ppk/s is just a dream. the weight on it very nice, and of course it shoots just as nice. like you i wanted it bc of how it looked and felt. i was not disappointed.

Did you get the Walther in blue/black or the nickel finish?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I bought the wife a mark iv 22/45 lite and she loves it. It is definitely great to shoot and lots of good upgrades for them thru Tandem Kross. While researching the ruger i found forum after forum if people hating the S&W Victory. Lots of unhappy people with various problems, although i can't attest to that. I can attest that the 22/45 lite loves cci standard velocity and have run over 3k thru it now with 2 failure to fire which i attribute to the primer, good strong strikes but no boom

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    You can't go wrong with any Ruger Mark pistol ... they really aren't as difficult to disassemble and reassemble as the interwebs may lead you to believe.

However, my favorite .22 lr auto loading pistol is the Browning Buckmark. Not on your list, but worth a look.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    I bought the wife a mark iv 22/45 lite and she loves it. It is definitely great to shoot and lots of good upgrades for them thru Tandem Kross. While researching the ruger i found forum after forum if people hating the S&W Victory. Lots of unhappy people with various problems, although i can't attest to that. I can attest that the 22/45 lite loves cci standard velocity and have run over 3k thru it now with 2 failure to fire which i attribute to the primer, good strong strikes but no boom

3,000 rounds through a 22lr with only 2 failures? That's pretty impressive. I should probably give the cci's another look.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I own a S&W victory....added the tandomkross trigger, (crisp light, comfortable, very little pre travel, no over travel) runs like a Swiss watch on SK standard and CCI standard velocity.....accurate, no issues....

I think if I were gonna buy ther one 22lr pistol I would just bite the bullet and grab up a S&W 41 and be done with.....money well spent

Aaron

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    It's a sickness. But we don't suffer from it. We enjoy every minute of it.

it's like a never-ending checklist...

Marlin XT22M - check
    Mossberg Maverick 88 Security 12 gauge - check
    22lr auto pistol - next

As soon as I get one I'm already plotting the next one lol

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The Victories are good 22s, but they are not as pleasing to the eye as the Buckmark or Rugers. However, they do shoot lights out and I have shot about 2,500 rounds theu it with only a single malfunction (bad ammo as it wouldn’t fire in anything else). They do make some nice aftermarket grips and such to dress them up.

Top Bottom