• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I traded a guy a model 70 30/06 for this. It is what I believe to be a series one Kimber compact stainless. Hardly shot at all and very little wear. The frame is also stainless. I had an extra rifle and wanted another 45, so I am happy, he was too, so we both won. I don’t like the grips, so he is going to buy me a set for it, just not crazy about wrap around grips. It shoots really nice and I don’t even really feel it when I carry it. This will probably end up being my edc.

Attachments

• B4AAD219-E407-478D-B3E6-9651966BE637.jpg
      B4AAD219-E407-478D-B3E6-9651966BE637.jpg
      115.2 KB · Views: 51
    • 3DF38AA0-72B0-41AF-8C88-352C751B17FC.jpg
      3DF38AA0-72B0-41AF-8C88-352C751B17FC.jpg
      119.8 KB · Views: 47

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Nice pistol! I have one just like it, minus the grips. Picked it up on here a few years ago and have carried it most days. It's my favorite pistol and for some odd reason, I can shoot it better than my TRP. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I traded a guy a model 70 30/06 for this. It is what I believe to be a series one Kimber compact stainless. Hardly shot at all and very little wear. The frame is also stainless. I had an extra rifle and wanted another 45, so I am happy, he was too, so we both won. I don’t like the grips, so he is going to buy me a set for it, just not crazy about wrap around grips. It shoots really nice and I don’t even really feel it when I carry it. This will probably end up being my edc.

I am a Kimber guy and I absolutely love this model.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I put the grip enhancements (Finger style Pearce) on all of my 1911's. They help fill my hand and add some control.
    I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from this gun.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I never fired a Kimber that I didn't like though never owned one. My son just bought his wife a Kimber Micro 9 and we intentionally started out with cheap WWB and Federal Champion ammo. Not a single hiccup through a 100 plus round session. Ran like champ.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    My preferred model, officers frame withh 4" barrel and I have a Gen I. I've owned several and every one had a great trigger and capable of one hole at 7 yards. .. Great pistol, I know you will enjoy it,.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Aron Bright[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp][/FONT]

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Charlie speaks the truth. I got mine from him years ago, and the trigger is phenomenal.

My preferred model, officers frame withh 4" barrel and I have a Gen I. I've owned several and every one had a great trigger and capable of one hole at 7 yards. .. Great pistol, I know you will enjoy it,.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member,[/FONT] Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a similar Kimber in that mine is a Custom Stainless Compact II. Mine has an aluminum frame though and the thing has been a great shooter. My oldest son borrowed it last summer and is reluctant to bring it home now. I might have to pay him a visit to get it back. In the years since I bought mine, I don't recall ever having an issue with it. I did replace the factory recoil system with a Wilson combat flat wire system for no other reason than the spring life had been exceeded and the flat wire promised a longer life than the factory setup. That Kimber is still my most shot 1911 but since it's been on loan, others are catching up to it. They are fantastic carry 1911s and I'm sure that you'll be happy with your new one. Congrats on the deal.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    So far I like it. It carry’s like a dream and shoots great. I am going to replace the grips though, I have never liked the finger grooves on my pistols. It is super easy to conceal.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm at work so I can't access any gun-related info (they haven't caught this site, though, but I can't spend more than 2 minutes on it, ha!).
    I was in a hurry, so I didn't see what model it was, did see it was a .45
    How many in the magazine?
    Just curious, someday I might set my sights on a Kimber SS after I get over my Smith and Wesson stage. :laugh: (that might take years)

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Love the stainless look...Congrats on the new (to you) Kimber. 1911's are great pistols!

I CC'd a Colt Officer's 1991-A1 for about 3 years...it weighed a ton but was incredibly accurate for such as short-barreled pistol.

I want another 1911...but it'll probably be a Commander length with a bobbed-grip!

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    A quick update, I have replaced the finger groove grips with the ones pictured and I like it much better. I just have never liked the grips with the finger grooves. This is my first officer size 1911, my others have been commander or full size. I really like it. Despite being all stainless, the weight is not a factor at all, I actually forget I am wearing it, and I wear it for most all of the day. It shoots great. All things considered, I think this may be my favorite 1911 for actual carry. For a range gun, probably a full size, but for carry, I like this one. Conceals easy, doesn’t weigh much, shoots great, and still carries the 7+1 that most 1911’s carry.

Attachments

• 73914265-97AB-4ED9-A607-7E2B70D63925.jpg
      73914265-97AB-4ED9-A607-7E2B70D63925.jpg
      87.3 KB · Views: 6
    Top Bottom