• ...and so much more!
  • LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Ok, this may be a silly question....however,

I have had Novak adjustables put on my Colt Officer's ACP, and when it returned from some recent gunsmithing, I took it out and shot it. It shoots high at 15 yards. I was just wondering which way to turn the adjustment screw to lower the point of aim. I know there is a set screw on the left side of the sight in order to lock the blade.

Anyone with experience, please feel free to respond. I don't have the handout Novak sends with the sight.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    The answer is, to lower the point of impact, turn the slotted screw on the top of the sight clockwise, counterclockwise to raise the point of impact. It has click measurements, albeit somewhat large. Also. before that, there is a small locking allen screw on the left side of the sight which needs to be loosened first and then secured after the adjustment is made.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The answer is, to lower the point of impact, turn the slotted screw on the top of the sight clockwise, counterclockwise to raise the point of impact. It has click measurements, albeit somewhat large. Also. before that, there is a small locking allen screw on the left side of the sight which needs to be loosened first and then secured after the adjustment is made.

Thanks, personal pet peeve when someone either posts an issue and never closes the loop or posts on the thread again, or says they resolved it but gives no details. Forums are great archives for info.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    FYI, the locking screw on the left side "wing" of the sight needs a really small diameter allen wrench also. I forget the size, but it is really small. I'm guessing about half the diameter of a pencil lead.

Top Bottom