• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Went to a gun shop with a buddy today and he picked up a new Taurus Judge with a 3" barrel. We then went shooting with a mix of 45LC, 410 birdshot and 410 buckshot. We started off with the birdshot and then moved to 45LC. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. We were shooting soda cans at about 10-15 yards and I found it easy to hit our target with both kinds of ammo. The 410 was a bit stout but not uncontrollable with either one or two handed hold. The 45LC were very soft shooting and accurate at the distances we were shooting. The buckshot was surprising, at about 10 yards the pellets pretty much stayed together. The one thing about this pistol, it is loud especially with the 410 but it is expected with a 3 inch barrel. The revolver had zero issues and all spent cases ejected flawlessly. I can definitely see this pistol being a very good night stand/vehicle gun.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Using the .410, you have to be careful of the pattern. 10 foot away and my buddies Judge completely covered the targets.

Had he worried about what was next to it, he would have damaged it.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    VuzALu
    :popcorn:

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    It’s a popular choice for a ladies SD weapon around here?
    Why I do not know the theory is a woman sticks a pistol in bad guys direction and yanks the trigger. Bad guy stops in his tracks or runs away. It’s a big beast one of the most unnatural feeling weapons I have ever messed with it’s also heavy. It’s bigger than a N frame Smith but both S&W and Taurus sell a bunch of them.
    I would load it with a good .45LC load and forget the.410 Each to their own.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is my "judge"....Like Brad says...Just get a 45 Colt and leave the shot for Copperheads around the farm....Although with our 7 foot plus black snake that lives under the house the copperheads tend to stay away...No one wants to mess with that lanky lady....

rimg.php

rimg.php

rimg.php

Wife's Celica is 6 feet wide......

rimg.php

rimg.php

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The only problem I had with the Judge. The original grip was to short and small.
    When I fired it. it jumped to much.
    At the NRA conv. I talked to Taurus. A week later i received a bigger, better fitting grip.
    Now it is a great shooter.
    I load the 1,3,5 chamber with 410. The 2,4 is 45.
    I figure if I can get off the first shot. Being hit by even one #6 will throw the tird off stride.
    My second shot will hit home.

Indiucky I loaded every other chamber of my 357s with shot shell.
    The other is hydro shock

Last edited:

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    Here is my "judge"....Like Brad says...Just get a 45 Colt and leave the shot for Copperheads around the farm....Although with our 7 foot plus black snake that lives under the house the copperheads tend to stay away...No one wants to mess with that lanky lady....

rimg.php

rimg.php

rimg.php

Wife's Celica is 6 feet wide......

rimg.php

rimg.php

Nice gun. The snake, OH HELL NO! Need a bigger gun...

Top Bottom