• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I own a S&W M&P Shield with a Apex trigger upgrade that I actually kept the original factory trigger spring and absolutely love the gun. For weighing so little it is an absolute pleasure to shoot and shoot a lot. I had an opportunity to shoot a 5" M&P Pro and was amazed how well I shot it, better than any semi-auto I can ever recall shooting. I was all set to run out and buy one as I am in the market for a full size 9mm, UNTIL that is the firearms owner told me he had installed a full Apex trigger upgrade save for a flat faced trigger and a smith installed A/M match grade barrel.

I did own a 4.25" M&P Pro I sold to finance a different M&P but the deal fell through after I sold my Pro so I never bought another FS 9mm HG.
    So my question to 9mm M&P 2.0 owners is what type of accuracy can I realistically expect? I understand that is a subjective question that depends mostly on the shooter VS the gun and I also am fully aware the M&P is a defensive firearm and NOT a target gun. However I have shot other platforms and was able to shoot very respectable groups and all I am looking for is 3.5" groups at 25 yards or better. I had heard so many horror stories about full sized 9mm M&P accuracy issues I hesitated buying one.

When it comes down to it buying a M&P it makes great sense because there is no shortage of holsters, magazines and just about anything you will ever need or want is available for it, and it compliments my EDC Shield. I was seriously considering other platforms like the VP9 or CZ p10c but holsters and other aftermarket items are now where near as plentiful as for the M&P. Lastly the M&P is to significant a bargain to ignore.

Thanks,

Art.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had several M&P's including an older one with the different barrel twist and I did not experience accuracy issues with mine, for a defensive handgun the accuracy is right were should be.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    These threads can get pretty off topic but my personal experience is that all my M&P's including my one and only 2.0 (5") model can all shoot under 4" groups at 25 yards.

My two most accurate offhand M&P's are the 2.0 5" and a 1.0 Performance Center both in 9mm.

My least "accurate" M&P is a 1.0 model full size 45 when fired offhand. From a rest; it is consistently within your accuracy standard - but the trigger is just horrible. Worst M&P trigger I have. Never got around to putting an Apex in it.

Some of the initial M&P's did have some accuracy issues but that was solved long along. The internet keeps minor and rare problems alive and seemingly common.

Speaking on the internet: https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/5/22/tested-smith-wessons-mp-m20-pistol/

swm2p2.jpg

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    I own a 9mm 2.0 5in bbl FDE model, and it's accuracy is very acceptable to me. I have not measured group size but from 20yds standing no rest, i can easily put all rounds in the black of a 5in shootnc and i am no marksman by any means. In my opinion they are a very good shooting defense gun.

Thomas13906

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Greenfield
    I got a M&P 2.0 in 9mm at the gun show earlier this year and it is the most accurate handgun that I own without any modifications. I think the trigger is way better than the trigger I have in my M&P 9c. Definitely a good shooting gun.

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    Seen a video on YouTube where the Apex barrel addresses the M&P accuracy issue. Saying something about the dwell. The time the slide locks back and the time the bullet actually leaves the chamber. The stock barrel would start to lift even before the bullet would exit causing inaccuracy

there's also blacklist industries that are making barrels for the 2.0 for $230.

that chameleon barrel with my black side looks awesome!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom