• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I finally bought a CZ Urban Gray SP-01 for my Silencerco Hybrid. I bought some subsonic 9mm rounds and hit the backyard. The first shot sounded like a squirrel fart and I was very pleased. When I attempted to shoot again, nothing happened. Tap, pull, shoot and the beautiful sound of the gaseous squirrel filled my ears. So, will I have to go to a normal 9mm round and give up on the subsonic?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I think someone else here had problems with their SP-01 running suppressed while brand new, maybe some stouter loads or break it in more?

For the brief time I had a 320 tac ops it was a single shot with a silencer until I got a few rounds through it

The Hybrid is a heavy can so maybe the weight of the can, tolerances of the gun, it just needs some shooting love

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did you break the gun down and make sure it was slicked up. All contact points, slide etc.
    Point it straight at the ground and see if it runs. If it does then yes, that heavy can is the issue.
    Before anyone jumps on me about pointing it down "Q" is more than qualified to do this in a safe manner.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Did you break the gun down and make sure it was slicked up. All contact points, slide etc.
    Point it straight at the ground and see if it runs. If it does then yes, that heavy can is the issue.
    Before anyone jumps on me about pointing it down "Q" is more than qualified to do this in a safe manner.

I will break it down and lube ignorance up to see what happens.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I don’t know how familiar you are with cans...

You aren’t trying to run it direct thread are you?

Meaning youll need a booster / nelson device.

I also thought of the finish, I'm not sure if its as smooth as other finishes. Until gun is broken in, lube it good.
    Also, for running subs, it may be worth trying diff spring weights (both recoil and main -- *shouldn't * make a huge difference, but falls in line with tuning it)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don’t know how familiar you are with cans...

You aren’t trying to run it direct thread are you?

I know nothing more than I pick up on here. Yes, I am attempting to run it direct-thread. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Meaning youll need a booster / nelson device.

I also thought of the finish, I'm not sure if its as smooth as other finishes. Until gun is broken in, lube it good.
    Also, for running subs, it may be worth trying diff spring weights (both recoil and main -- *shouldn't * make a huge difference, but falls in line with tuning it)

I will hit the internet and see what I can find.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    To clarify, I'm not a can expert...
    But with any tilt barrel design, you need an adapter, called a booster/nelson device.to my knowledge, some cans integrate these, though i don't think that's too common tho

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I’ll be interested to hear how you like the Hybrid. I’m seriously considering one for my next can.

I’ve enjoyed it on all of my rifles, to include .308, 300 BLK, .223, and 7.62x39. I’m building a 6.5 Creedmore and looking for someone to thread my Henry 45-70, to see how it performs.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    and looking for someone to thread my Henry 45-70, to see how it performs.

One of my regulars picked up one of those in the brushed SS finish and stopped by the shop to show me...What a very nice rifle they are...Fit, finish, heft, etc...Just goodness all around....

Speaking of 45 70 lever guns Que if you haven't seen Wind River yet you should....

[video=youtube;CZgN0dpFoaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZgN0dpFoaE[/video]

Very well done film...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Speaking of 45 70 lever guns Que if you haven't seen Wind River yet you should....

[video=youtube;CZgN0dpFoaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZgN0dpFoaE[/video]

Very well done film...

Just added another movie to my list! Thanks. Hadn't seen the trailer for this one.

Top Bottom