• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I have read several times about guys having less than excellent stippling or other frame modifications on variousness Glocks and sending them back to the factory for a frame replacement. I understand it runs about a hundred bucks. I’m wondering if anyone has done this. My main question is do they replace it with a current gen frame? Im assuming they don’t have a big stockpile of older frames laying around. I’ve got a G22 with non light rail and I’d like it to have a light rail. I was hoping that if I sent it back it would return with at least a Gen 3 if not 4 frame.

Any experience with this?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    No light rail, so you have a Gen 2 frame, and a Gen 3 frame from Glock will take your Gen 2 internals.
    Yes let us know what a frame will cost you from Glock.
    I know gunbroker has them.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just picked up a Gen 3 G17 frame off GB for $34.95 (+ $15 shipping, $ 20 FFL) FWIW

Wow, that's an amazing price (at least in my opinion). I think I saw a Glock frame floating around here on the classifieds (though it probably had all the internals) for like $180. I would not mind having an extra Gen 3 19 frame to permanently house my AA conversion kit, if I could find one that cheap.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Wow, that's an amazing price (at least in my opinion). I think I saw a Glock frame floating around here on the classifieds (though it probably had all the internals) for like $180. I would not mind having an extra Gen 3 19 frame to permanently house my AA conversion kit, if I could find one that cheap.

Here is the G17 frame I purchased on GB (Indiana dealer) . https://www.gunbroker.com/item/731034512

Here is a G19 frame from the same dealer https://www.gunbroker.com/item/730669811

Funny that the bigger G17 frame is cheaper.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I went to my parts stash and found everything but a locking block, most frame parts sets on E Bay didn't include the locking block.

Good luck Slow, let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Interesting. I just entered the Glock world for the first time. The first thing I noticed was that the dang thing was very uncomfortable on my middle finger where the bottom of the trigger guard digs in to it. With my hands being so wide, and my fingers being so fat, I decided it needed an undercut. Then my support hand fingers wanted the double undercut... Today I bit the bullet and fired up the Dremel tool for the first time in a couple years. That tiny little amount of plastic that came off the frame did wonders to the feel of the gun. I was scared to death I was gonna screw up the frame, but it was time (15 or 20 minutes) well spent.

Still need to touch it up with some 1,000 grit sand paper, and WD40 to finish it off nicely, but the feel of it is so much better. Most people worry about reasale value. While I didn't want to destroy it, (nice to know I can get a new frame) I worry more about making it useful to me.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Interesting. I just entered the Glock world for the first time. The first thing I noticed was that the dang thing was very uncomfortable on my middle finger where the bottom of the trigger guard digs in to it. With my hands being so wide, and my fingers being so fat, I decided it needed an undercut. Then my support hand fingers wanted the double undercut... Today I bit the bullet and fired up the Dremel tool for the first time in a couple years. That tiny little amount of plastic that came off the frame did wonders to the feel of the gun. I was scared to death I was gonna screw up the frame, but it was time (15 or 20 minutes) well spent.

Still need to touch it up with some 1,000 grit sand paper, and WD40 to finish it off nicely, but the feel of it is so much better. Most people worry about reasale value. While I didn't want to destroy it, (nice to know I can get a new frame) I worry more about making it useful to me.

Isn't it nice how the finger grooves line up so comfortably now?
    My accuracy took a good improvement when mine was trimmed out.
    It took me a while to become proficient with the Glock. I've got a few of them now. I'm still a lover of the 1911. Important to say that.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Isn't it nice how the finger grooves line up so comfortably now?
    My accuracy took a good improvement when mine was trimmed out.
    It took me a while to become proficient with the Glock. I've got a few of them now. I'm still a lover of the 1911. Important to say that.
    Staying on the good side of a certain Mod in Speedway? :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The undercut is the first thing I do to any new Glock. It feels odd to bring a brand new pistol home and break out the dremel on it but I look at the Glock frame as being over-molded and designed for end user final fit. That bit of dremel work is all that I need to make the gun feel good to me.

Oh, and 1911s are still great too... (don't want to get banned from the CZ thread which oddly is often more 1911 focused :): )

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    The undercut is the first thing I do to any new Glock. It feels odd to bring a brand new pistol home and break out the dremel on it but I look at the Glock frame as being over-molded and designed for end user final fit. That bit of dremel work is all that I need to make the gun feel good to me.

Oh, and 1911s are still great too... (don't want to get banned from the CZ thread which oddly is often more 1911 focused :): )

Exactly what I do Tim. If it's done well most people don't notice it other than it feels different and better in the hand. It appears to me if you have a normal size middle finger it's necessary for most people to, what I call "hi-grip", a 19/23 for it to be comfortable in your hand.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I have read several times about guys having less than excellent stippling or other frame modifications on variousness Glocks and sending them back to the factory for a frame replacement. I understand it runs about a hundred bucks. I’m wondering if anyone has done this. My main question is do they replace it with a current gen frame? Im assuming they don’t have a big stockpile of older frames laying around. I’ve got a G22 with non light rail and I’d like it to have a light rail. I was hoping that if I sent it back it would return with at least a Gen 3 if not 4 frame.

Any experience with this?

How about a complete Gen 3 lower for $99 (plus your local ffl fee) with free shipping?

Pre-Owned Complete Glock 22 Gen 3 Lower - COMBAT ARMORY

Top Bottom