5 best handgun manufacturers (according to article)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Saw that on Yahoo. It was probably written by some libtard snowflake who knows nothing about the firearms industry and wouldn't know how to research the industry to begin with.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Probably a good list for large manufacturers but there are some smaller ones that put out as good or better product.

vangurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2017
    Valparaiso
    Not that I totally agree with the article but I think we are fortunate to be experiencing all the great guns being offered in today’s market. There are so many choices and they are all more accurate and more reliable then they have ever been.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Not to argue anyone's choices, or which handguns are best, etc...

However, if you had simply asked me to name handgun manufacturers period, without the stipulation as to which are the best, I don't believe I would have ever thought of HK. They are better known for long guns and sub guns.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The article would have been more interesting if the criteria and scoring had been given. As it reads now, it's just one person's personal likes. There is nothing wrong with any of the ones mentioned, but there's also no reason why they were chosen over others. Without criteria, it's just the opinion of a person so arrogant as to think that their opinion should be published as fact.

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I love Glock. The number sold should not be a reflection of the quality. There are many more smaller manufacturers out there making high quality weapons.

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    The article would have been more interesting if the criteria and scoring had been given. As it reads now, it's just one person's personal likes. There is nothing wrong with any of the ones mentioned, but there's also no reason why they were chosen over others. Without criteria, it's just the opinion of a person so arrogant as to think that their opinion should be published as fact.

“BAM” Nuf said

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    Where's Hi Point?
    Man, back when I worked at Point Blank, I had a guy call in and ask why we didn't sell Hi Point. He was like "They're American made guns with great warranties! Why would you not want to sell them?" I explained to him that "They just are not that popular so we don't carry them". He told me that he'd come in and show me the greatest gun ever made! Guy comes in a day later, goes into the range, and the damn thing jammed on the first shot. He was so baffled. Took me 20 minutes and the use of a hammer to get it unjammed.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Man, back when I worked at Point Blank, I had a guy call in and ask why we didn't sell Hi Point. He was like "They're American made guns with great warranties! Why would you not want to sell them?" I explained to him that "They just are not that popular so we don't carry them". He told me that he'd come in and show me the greatest gun ever made! Guy comes in a day later, goes into the range, and the damn thing jammed on the first shot. He was so baffled. Took me 20 minutes and the use of a hammer to get it unjammed.

Gee. .My C9s run pretty much perfectly. Of course, I don't carry them to bar bee ques very often....
    And Good Lord, don't try to disassemble.

Top Bottom