• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    This week I also got to shoot .45 auto for the first time. Much less recoil than I expected, I think I like it a lot. I was shooting a Colt M1911A1, from 1944 so I'm not sure it gets much better than that. I love revolvers, but wow I'm scared the 1911 fever might be claiming another victim. What a sweet gun, I can't get over it. The history is incredible. I knew a lot of people were 1911 fans, but I think I know why now. I heard the call of bald eagles as I was sending big old 45s down the barrel of this gun. I need a US stamped leather holster now....

just st wanted to share my first time thoughts/experiences with y'all.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    This week I also got to shoot .45 auto for the first time. Much less recoil than I expected, I think I like it a lot. I was shooting a Colt M1911A1, from 1944 so I'm not sure it gets much better than that. I love revolvers, but wow I'm scared the 1911 fever might be claiming another victim. What a sweet gun, I can't get over it. The history is incredible. I knew a lot of people were 1911 fans, but I think I know why now. I heard the call of bald eagles as I was sending big old 45s down the barrel of this gun. I need a US stamped leather holster now....

I'd never even heard of a 1911 when I was handed one at the range in the USMC. It's been my favorite side arm since that day.
    I have two 1943 Remington Rands completely original down to the springs in them. They get fired regularly with the original GI mags. They still run fantastic.
    I understand your attraction to an old 1911. Oh, it's what...73 years old now and still shoots well? Imagine a gun that old still continuing to attract new worshipers.
    There's a reason for this ya know.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru

​That wasn’t bald eagles, it was the 9mm guys crying!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    You have to thank John Moses Browning the creator of the 1911. He is perhaps, no he is, the greatest firearm designer of all time. That the 1911 is still going incredibly strong after all these years is truly a testament to the genius of the design. Now, go out and buy a 1911 for yourself and enjoy!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    My first pistol experience was a Ww2 vintage Colt as well, it impacted me for life lol. I just finished loading my 1911 mags back up today need to get it out!! Wilson combat has an end of the year sale right meow!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'd never even heard of a 1911 when I was handed one at the range in the USMC. It's been my favorite side arm since that day.

This was my experience as well.
    I just shot a brand new 1911A1 this weekend myself, but mine is chambered in 10mm.
    I was surprised how close the 10mm mimics the .45acp in recoil.

Congratulations o.p. welcome to the 1911 fan club.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    You have to thank John Moses Browning the creator of the 1911. He is perhaps, no he is, the greatest firearm designer of all time. That the 1911 is still going incredibly strong after all these years is truly a testament to the genius of the design. Now, go out and buy a 1911 for yourself and enjoy!

Um...yeah. Can NOT argue with this!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    First pistol I bought was a 1911 (of sorts), and the third was a double stack that I still EDC. I've picked up a few more since, including an original 80s Delta Elite 10mm. Get or load yourself some full monty 10mm. Most of what you get now are downloaded to the equivalent of .40s.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    OS2aLSa.jpg

Clint Smith is the man on 1911's

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    There are a lot of pistols that shoot .45 ACP. Take a gander before settling on just the 1911. Find the one that works for you, not what everyone else thinks you need.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Next thing they’ll be telling us is that there are other plastic guns besides Glock....

Top Bottom