• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Noir films were staples of the old black and white movies, and like westerns are still around today in modern versions. I can't think of any that didn't have handguns of some sort in them, again much like westerns. Post them up if you have them, auto or revolver and a prop. I don't have a fedora like the squirrel has so I'm using this panama instead. Real gin in the martini glass though.:)

This is the ubiquitous Colt third generation 1903.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    1919 Colt Police Positive I got from the squirrel......I was going to give him the Fedora but it looked like a beanie when he tried it on....

rimg.php

rimg.php

38 s&w Terrier.....

rimg.php

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The right man holding those old 1911s, you don't see that magazine lanyard loop very often.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sometimes I put on my deerstalker cap and pretend to take shots at Jack the Ripper!

One came in the shop today...My customer just picked it up...He told me everything is for sale so I am working on getting it....He said I have a good chance at it...I am stoked...HUGE Sherlock Holmes fan here...Very nice...

1971Dodge is an INGO member and here in the shop...I just gave him a rash of grief about not posting in this thread...He is now poking at his phone rapidly to rectify the situation....:)

Dragon99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2018
    Louisville
    Noir on TV

For you guys with broadcast TV in the Louisville area every Sunday night channel 34.2 has Noir Sunday nights that start at 8pm Eastern. They usually play noir movies all day Sunday as well.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dewidnt, here's my Webley in .450 Adams (.450 Centerfire). It's a nice little shooter.
    imagejpeg

Post a pic dragon...Welcome to INGO....You and leadeye have the same tastes and reloading for the classics love....I belive you will like it here and thanks for joining...I look forward to some posts with your old English guns, Winchesters, Cane guns, etc....

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Mine was .450 Adams also. I loaded some weaker loads for it using .455 Webley brass and my hand cast 200 gr RNL .45 Colt bullets. Shot decent out to 7 yds at around 625 FPS. I sold it this weekend to a collector who was walking around the New Albany gun show. I had my fun with it and now someone else can too!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Another Noir favorite, the Colt 1911A1 commercial model. This example from 1925 complete with a Heiser shoulder holster and a trenchcoat, ending of a long day for some gumshoe with a glass of gin.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I sold it this weekend to a collector who was walking around the New Albany gun show. I had my fun with it and now someone else can too!

That's it.....I was looking at your pic and thought, "Wow...that's in the exact same condition as the one I am trying to talk my buddy out of that he picked up at the New Albany Gun Show..."

Small world....:)

Top Bottom