• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Has anyone had any glock modifications done by the Wilson Combat custom shop? Looking for experienced input before I start forking out serious cash.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I think that you can get the same work done elsewhere for a fraction of the $. Remember - you're also paying for the name when it comes to W.C.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I just don't understand why anyone would pay the outrageous prices for a Zev, Agency, Salient or Wilson Combat Glock. Buy a stock Glock, replace the sights, get a decent aftermarket trigger, put on some talon grips and save yourself $1000+

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just don't understand why anyone would pay the outrageous prices for a Zev, Agency, Salient or Wilson Combat Glock. Buy a stock Glock, replace the sights, get a decent aftermarket trigger, put on some talon grips and save yourself $1000+

Marketing, mostly. I will say the Wilson Combat stippling is the best looking stippling I've seen, though. Not enough for me to buy it, but it does look nice.

I also don't see any need to replace the trigger in the Gen 5.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    You know you hear about modifying handguns with aftermarket parts and custom work, I was a bodyguard and a armed bank guard,I trained with a DEA agent and also a FBI shooting instructer.When I started in security I asked this individual if I should get my BERRETTA 92FS worked on, such as trigger job , spring work, he told me NOT to do ANY work on my pistol as it came from factory,he said BERRETTA does a great job on building there guns for reliability and safety and accuracy.He told me if I was involved in a shooting on or off job, POLICE will take my firearm and with shooting suspects LAWYER go to a forensic examiner and check for alterations to ANY part or part of gun part that will make it easier to shoot.THIS INDIVIDUAL IS REAL and in his job capacity has shot and killed more than a couple of BAD GUYS, he was in a HIGH RISK JOB.This is food for thought people,the real world.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You know you hear about modifying handguns with aftermarket parts and custom work, I was a bodyguard and a armed bank guard,I trained with a DEA agent and also a FBI shooting instructer.When I started in security I asked this individual if I should get my BERRETTA 92FS worked on, such as trigger job , spring work, he told me NOT to do ANY work on my pistol as it came from factory,he said BERRETTA does a great job on building there guns for reliability and safety and accuracy.He told me if I was involved in a shooting on or off job, POLICE will take my firearm and with shooting suspects LAWYER go to a forensic examiner and check for alterations to ANY part or part of gun part that will make it easier to shoot.THIS INDIVIDUAL IS REAL and in his job capacity has shot and killed more than a couple of BAD GUYS, he was in a HIGH RISK JOB.This is food for thought people,the real world.

Any modification is a potential issue that might need to be explained, that's certainly true. Some modifications are significantly easier to justify than others. Aftermarket sights? It's easy to explain that they increase your accuracy in a variety of lighting conditions. A 2.5 lb trigger and there's some question of if the shooting was intentional or there's a lot of rounds fired? Maybe less easy to explain.

An indepth conversation about this took place on another forum that included many LEOs who've presented cases (including me) and lawyers with experience in the realm. One lawyer phrased it pretty well.

Equipment – Got a reason for that modification? Does it help sell your case? What does it do for you?....I don’t need to hard sell a guy with training within the past 2 years from a reputable shooting school run by a non-controversial instructor who is using equipment that is not illegal to carry in good working order which is modified within the scope of normal modifications (Glock stock trigger changed to NY-1/3.5#, M&P with an Apex Duty/Carry kit/1911 with carry package from Colt or a reputable shop) who didn’t set up/provoke a situation, attempted to avoid trouble but then defended himself.

Steak & Red wine. Sells itself.
    You just put that **** out there and people eat it.

If you need to do mental contortions or take people down a twisted path of “Because…well…” to explain why something was done…
    Roast cat.
    You can package that as “Authentic Chinese Food!” all you want.
    I’m not paying for it. If given it, I won’t eat it. Sell it – yeah, not on commission.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    attachment.php

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I can only speak for my own experience, in the past I did jump in the add a bunch of junk to my Glock band wagon to learn that it's mostly skill what matters, like others mention already I only do trigger bar, sights, undercut the trigger guard and that is about as custom as I get.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I think that you can get the same work done elsewhere for a fraction of the $. Remember - you're also paying for the name when it comes to W.C.

Actually they are no more expensive than any of the other reputable companies I've looked into, and the stippling looks better than ANY I've seen. Not looking to make a competition pistol out of this. Just a little grip work.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can only speak for my own experience, in the past I did jump in the add a bunch of junk to my Glock band wagon to learn that it's mostly skill what matters, like others mention already I only do trigger bar, sights, undercut the trigger guard and that is about as custom as I get.

I did see gains from a trigger job by NHT3 on a Gen 3 Glock. I was, honesty, not that great with the Glock 22. I've gotten better over the years, and shoot a stock 17M pretty well.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I put a Lone Wolf trigger in a G19 gen 4. I really liked it. I don't think it made a lot of difference in accuracy or performance. But, it felt good.

Squatz24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Muncie

I was involved in a police action shooting with my 19x. I had Wilson Combat sights and an Agency trigger installed at the time. I wasn't given any grief over the modifications.

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    I had them do undercut, stipple and frame pads to a 19. AWESOME job and they cerakote the frame afterwards (which I didn't expect). price wasn't crazy compared to others. turn around time was pretty long. I did think the undercut was a bit expensive, but figure I would have it "professionally" done which I'm glad I did since they cerakote afterwards.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I think the prices are reasonable for what they offer. I've yet to see a really good aftermarket trigger come from any vendor but I have not handled one of the Wilson pistols. I thought it was going to be another 3K gun, aka Sailent or Agency. I have handled both of those and found them IMHO VERY overpriced and less than impressive. Other than the long lead time it appears to be a very nice setup.
    I've said it before but I'll repeat it again. In my opinion, three things you can spend money on that will improve your potential for accuracy. 1. Most important, a reliable firearm, 2. Sights you see well and acquire quickly and 3. Good trigger.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom