• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I have a Glock 43 with the stock "ball and cup" sites.
    My problem with them is they are off by a foot to a foot and a half to the left at 100 yards. At 30 they 5/6 inches off to the left.
    Is there an easy way to correct is?
    I plan to get night sites later, so it's not that big a deal.
    just would like to hit my targets without using Kentucky windage for now.

Last edited:

thephasdin4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    Terre Haute
    100 yards is quite a bit for a pistol. Are you shooting from a rest? Your best bet is a sight tool that will allow you to drift the rear sight over to the right more. If you don't have a sight tool you can probably try drift it by tapping the rear sight using a punch, but I recommend against this method as it can be quite imprecise and could mar the finish.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have a Glock 43 with the stock "ball and cup" sites.
    My problem with them is they are off by a foot to a foot and a half to the left at 100 yards. At 30 they 5/6 inches off to the left.
    Is there an easy way to correct is?
    I plan to get night sites later, so it's not that big a deal.
    just would like to hit my targets without using Kentucky windage for now.

This sounds like the typical "Glock shoots left" syndrome.
    90% chances it's your grip on the gun. Straighten out your trigger finger position on the blade and secure your grip. Small frames can be tricky to tame and a lot of new Glock shooters experience the same thing you're experiencing.
    I'm not there and I can't and won't tell you why you're situation is what it is but I'm guessing on a typical issue.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    The reason for shooting 100 yards?
    Same reason I shoot 200 yards with a .22 lr.
    The fundamentals thats gets you to 100 yards will also get you to 10 yards.
    It makes 10 yards that much easier.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I have the exact same issue with my G43, but I'm pretty sure it's not the gun. A couple of things you can try if you haven't already: try the gun with your other hand. If it shoots the same way with either hand, it's probably the sights, otherwise it's probably you. Also, measure the distance from each edge of the rear sight to the edge of the slide with a digital calliper.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The plastic Glock factory sights are much easier to move than most steel sights. While imprecise, with a little trail and error, you should have no problem drifting the rear sight with a small hammer and punch if changing your grip doesn't correct the problem.

i also have an MGW rear sight pusher for glocks (including the base for the G43) and am in Columbus. If you want to get precise about it, we could meet up at a range.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Thanks for all the advice. I think I'm just going to switch to nite sights and try again.
    I will try shooting the 43 this weekend after the site change.

I should clear up, that I've been shooting Glocks since 1988.
    I've owned over 40 Glocks in that time. I still have over 20 Glocks.
    Most of my Glock will shoot out to 100 yards or more to ring a 16 to 10 inch metal plate over 60 percent of the time.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Thanks for the offer, gmcttr. I think I'm just going to switch to NS and see if that corrects the issue.
    I shoot my G35 at 120 yards and ring 16 inch plate over half the time.
    I'm not a compact gun guy. So not being use to small guns, I'm not going to rule grip out for now.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    This is a joke post, right? Seriously, 100 yards with a 43????

Been their, done that on a steel silhouette. I much prefer one of my 1911's to ring steel at 100 yds. Aim at the top of the head and a .45 acp will hit in the chest. Makes a very satisfying ring.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks for the offer, gmcttr. I think I'm just going to switch to NS and see if that corrects the issue.
    I shoot my G35 at 120 yards and ring 16 inch plate over half the time.
    I'm not a compact gun guy. So not being use to small guns, I'm not going to rule grip out for now.

IMO it is easier to put too much finger on the trigger of the 43 and pull shots than it is with the double stack glocks. Not 100% saying that is 100% your issue, but as you say, don't rule out grip yet.

Yankee Zulu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2016
    Monroe Co
    If your Glocko consistently shoots to the left from a solid rest, it is easy to fix. Many Glocks do. Drift the rear sight to the right. As a matter of fact you may need to do it with the new sights as well.

If you only shot it off hand or from a wrist support, rule out shooter's error first. Get a sled or a heavy sandbag.

Whatever yout G43 does at 100 yards doesn't matter much. Surely you can travel the freeway on a scooter and get there. But why? The 43 is just not a bullseye pistol. Draw and punch the A-ring 5 times within 15 seconds at 15 yards, that's your test.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    For the Glock 17, Glock makes a factory adjustable rear sight. They may make one for the 43 as well. What kind of ammo are you using? In my experience shooting, different bullet weights perform differently at ranges past 40 yards. Some shoot higher than others, not too sure about horizontal differences. Glocks are weird for me, on my 17 I needed that adjustable sight and cranked it all the way to the right almost. My 22, same generation does not need the sight, it is probably the handgun I can shoot the best

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I bought my first G43 because I watched shooter521 consistently ringing steel at 100 with his.
    Still working on shooting like he can, but I hit a couple times at 100 last time out. The berm showed my misses well, hitting all around the steel.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I run my 43 and RMR’d 19 at 100 every range trip, with the correct ammo, I’m usually 8/10 at 100, the 43 is more like 5/10. The 43 is a very accurate pistol 25 yard head shots in the IDPA “A” box is pretty normal. As far as “Glock Left”, it almost always improper grip/trigger finger placement.

Top Bottom