Ruger has discontinued the 9E model in their SR series.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Ruger has discontinued the 9E as of January 1, 2018. I haven't seen any company statement as to why. I've seen the 9E listed for $250 lately so maybe they felt it was competing in the same price range as the new Security 9 model.
    I liked the 9E features better than the SR9. No LCI, serrations that aren't sharp enough to slice cheese, sight cuts will accept 1911 Novak sights.
    I guess the good news is that parts are interchangeable with the SR9 so repairs will still be available.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    I have a 9E and like it well enough. I'm looking forward to shooting the Security-9 and seeing what the actual differences are. If the trigger is significantly better on the Security-9, there's a distinct possibility I'll be adding another Ruger to the family.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I have a 9E and like it well enough. I'm looking forward to shooting the Security-9 and seeing what the actual differences are. If the trigger is significantly better on the Security-9, there's a distinct possibility I'll be adding another Ruger to the family.

I second everything you've said. I really like my 9E and have been watching the prices slowly fall. If the prices fall further I may pick up a second, but I also want to check out the Security 9 as well.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I got to handle a Security 9 first the first time today. Just fondle, not shoot. $319. It seem so like a good budget gun and will hit the streets for less then the 9e. I was not at all impressed with the Ruger American but the Security 9 seems to be a good edition.

The SR9 and SR9c are still best values IMO.

Top Bottom