• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Found a M&P .45 Shield pistol on sale at PB and now the fun begins with breaking it in seeing which ammo it likes 250+rounds. Price check and find magazines and see about a new holster and which style I like. Sent a PM to one of the INGO members who makes holsters to see his work. The nice part about breaking in a new firearm at PB on my way home from work with their indoor range and got a free pass with the purchase.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I so "get it." Enjoy!
    I had been going to the range at Point Blank in Carmel, and now that I've moved below Wannamaker, I will be going to the one in Greenwood which is 25 minutes from my house and certainly not on my way home from work.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Congrats! Im sure you'll love it.
    I got a M&P shield 45 about a month ago. Put trijicon night sights and an apex trigger kit in it and absolutely love it. I havent had any issues with 185 or 230gr round nose or with 185 jhps. I prefer the 185gr as that is whats giving me personally the tightest groups at 10 yards

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Congrats! Im sure you'll love it.
    I got a M&P shield 45 about a month ago. Put trijicon night sights and an apex trigger kit in it and absolutely love it. I havent had any issues with 185 or 230gr round nose or with 185 jhps. I prefer the 185gr as that is whats giving me personally the tightest groups at 10 yards
    Thanks for the info on what parts to add to the pistol.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thanks for the info on what parts to add to the pistol.

All just preference i guess. The stock trigger wasnt bad, but i felt it could be better. The Apex did help me to tighten my groups up, so I'm definitely happy. The night sights i like to put on everything that gets carried and i got a killer deal on the Trijicons.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Larry you've had the Shield long enough now to form an opinion so what do you think? My EDC is an M&P45c with the full Apex treatment. When the Smith rep first told me some years ago they would soon be offering a Shield in 45 I couldn't hardly wait. As soon as they came out a buddy grabbed 2 of them and we tried them out. I must say I was disappointed when comparing them to the 45c. To this day I haven't gotten one. What do you think and what are you comparing to?

MrWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I so "get it." Enjoy!
    I had been going to the range at Point Blank in Carmel, and now that I've moved below Wannamaker, I will be going to the one in Greenwood which is 25 minutes from my house and certainly not on my way home from work.

I greatly prefer Greenwood Point Blank to Carmel’s.

Top Bottom