Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grelber View Post
    Smith and Wesson quality control on revolvers sucks right now, last I heard they were backed up 2 months on repairs. My "performance center" 929 is one of many that came from the factory half arsed at best.
    I have purchased 4 S&W revolvers in the past year and everyone of them was defective. Granted the S&W customer service is great and they repaired all of the guns the first time, but if they had any kind of QC none of them would have had to go back to make them work. This S&W is not the same as the S&W in knew years ago.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    Look up BossHoss on here. He's over in the Patoka Lake area. This guy knows his S&W revolvers!
    He's in Scottsburg now but yes...Bosshoss is a wizard of S&W revolvers and a great guy to boot...
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

User Info Menu

Wow! What all was wrong with them?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    He's in Scottsburg now but yes...Bosshoss is a wizard of S&W revolvers and a great guy to boot...
    That is driving distance. Thanks!

User Info Menu

"Denny is the MAN"!!!! I have three that he has worked and they are SWEET! Quality work and great to talk to. You won't be sorry.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I say to contact Denny at Sand Burr Gun Ranch. I see others have the same idea 574-223-3316.

User Info Menu

I also vote for Dennis. He has worked on my Smiths before. He knows his stuff, he just has a personality that some people do not like. You are a police officer and so was he, I am sure you guys will get along well

User Info Menu

I'm changing my vote to apparently we are very lucky and have at least two excellent resources in the area.
    In a perfect world liberals would taste good and be easy to field dress.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TLHelmer View Post
    Wow! What all was wrong with them?
    1. S&W 929 light strikes on every cylinder full of ammo. S&W installed an extended firing pin and a stronger main spring
    2. S&W 627 Could not pull trigger, it was completely locked up. No sure what S&W did to repair it.
    3. S&W 66 combat magnum Cylinder would not rotate. S&W replaced a broken part
    4. S&W 642 trigger was mushy and would not fire any ammo. Not sure what S&W did to repair it.
    S&W did pay for shipping both ways and did correctly repair all of the guns. Their Customer Service Department is way better than the Quality Control Department

Expert

User Info Menu

Expensive CAD/CAM machining cannot make up for poorly skilled assemblers. They just want to make their quota for the shift and go home. Quality control is a low priority for a lot of the old names today. If I wanted a nice S&W I would hunt down a nice used one from before 1996. After that time they put their concentration on "how cheap can we build them and get them out the door?".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast