What aftermarket match barrel for a G17?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'd like to get a match barrel to make shooting my gen 4 glock 17 as accurate as possible. I know the factory barrel is fine, and I know a match barrel isn't needed for normal use. I'm one of those guys who likes to keep taking a couple steps back and seeing how far I can hit a plate with a pistol. I'd like to try out a match barrel and just see if it has any impact and just how much it may have. I've never swapped out a pistol barrel, but I'd like to just drop in a new barrel. My only concern is that I don't want to give anything up on reliability. I don't baby my glocks and it'll have to be a barrel that can get used like a barrel on a glock was intended to. I'm not doing this just shoot lead bullets.

Any suggestions?

I'm leaning towards the Wilson Combat barrel.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I don't think you could go wrong with an Agency or Zev barrel. I would stay away from the myriad new aftermarket glock barrel companies that seem to have sprung up recently.

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    Many reasons I love YouTube. You can let other people buy it, torture it, etc. before you make an informed purchase. And then there's Just some things you just really have to just get your hands on and try for yourself. Maybe a friend, has an aftermarket barrel you can try out.

Top Bottom