• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Kudos to anyone that watched all 35+ minutes of that video.

My friend mentioned that Ruger was moving into the affordable self-defense handgun space aggressively - I guess this is the result.

Personally, meh. But, it seems much better than Remington's offering, and sure is a lot better looking than any Hi-Point.

Kevinslaterjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2018
    South bend
    Kudos to anyone that watched all 35+ minutes of that video.

My friend mentioned that Ruger was moving into the affordable self-defense handgun space aggressively - I guess this is the result.

Personally, meh. But, it seems much better than Remington's offering, and sure is a lot better looking than any Hi-Point.

Yeah, only watched about 3 minutes of that video, but im sure its very thorough
    Isn't this just a 9E with a new dress on?
    If Ruger is getting serious about affordable handguns, i would definitely be interested in seeing the next offering in the LC series

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    If Ruger is getting serious about affordable handguns, i would definitely be interested in seeing the next offering in the LC series

It's more like a blown up (size-wise) LCP II.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Oh really?:)

full

Custom-Hi-Point-14.jpg

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis

9E is striker fired. Security 9 is hammer fired. Security 9 is smaller and lighter.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Anything is possible....:)
    b9c0bd.jpg

oh boy! I so wanted to do this. The local shop had a used .380 hi point for $99. I had to resist the urge to buy it and break out the kyrlon.

I like to handle to Security 9 at the store. It is a nice size, slide racks easily, easy to get a hand on the slide. The manual safety is a deal killer for INGO but this gun is not for shooters. The vast majority of people purchasing their first handgun demand a manual safety. There is also something magical about $400 or less for a handgun. Ruger simply made a gun for the consumer. If you hang around ranges, gun shops, offices, matches, firearms training as much as I do you quickly begin to understand there is a difference between gun owners, shooters and consumers.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    If you hang around ranges, gun shops, offices, matches, firearms training as much as I do you quickly begin to understand there is a difference between gun owners, shooters and consumers.
    QFT

I've also had a chance to check out the LC9s "killer" - the EC9s... Ruger is certainly hitting price points to improve sales. They aren't bad guns, but after having the exposure several of us have with better built stuff, we tend to get picky about what we do / don't want in a firearm.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    QFT

I've also had a chance to check out the LC9s "killer" - the EC9s... Ruger is certainly hitting price points to improve sales. They aren't bad guns, but after having the exposure several of us have with better built stuff, we tend to get picky about what we do / don't want in a firearm.

Ha. Ain't that the truth. I recently saw an EC9s hit the self. Only $40 less then the 2 deeply discounted LC9s Pros sitting next to it on sale. I told the guys in the shop no way somebody would choose that over the Pro for $40 less. Wrong!!!!! EC9s sold within an hour of the shop opening. Why? Because "who cares about the sights, if she needs to shoot it she won't use the sights" and "the gun has to have a safety because she doesn't know as much about guns as I do".

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If you hang around ranges, gun shops, offices, matches, firearms training as much as I do you quickly begin to understand there is a difference between gun owners, shooters and consumers.

8 hours a day, 5 days a week brother....And you are correct.....:)

I am waiting for a beater Glock 19 to come in the shop....(I am known to poke fun at plastic guns, all in good fun)...When it does I have already decided (even have the slabs I got at a pet store) to shave the frame down and put stag on via epoxy......

When my customer's see me packing it they are going to say, "I thought you hated plastic guns?"

"No.....I hate ugly guns....Stag even makes a Glock tolerable enough that I will carry it....:

(All in good fun Glock guys, it's part of my schtick I've been doing since the 80's:))

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Oh I so want to see a stag gripped Glock. I actually picked up a beater Glock at the shop. This thing was so fugly the shop owner did not want it in the case. We call it “bubba” and it now lives a life in a loving home (not mine).

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I am waiting for a beater Glock 19 to come in the shop....(I am known to poke fun at plastic guns, all in good fun)...When it does I have already decided (even have the slabs I got at a pet store) to shave the frame down and put stag on via epoxy......
    I know they exist, after all the home stippling jobs gone awry...

This thing was so fugly the shop owner did not want it in the case. We call it “bubba” and it now lives a life in a loving home (not mine).
    That one earned its name!

I will do everything to try and make that happen...:)
    You better post some pics!

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I have never owned a HIgh Point firearm in any configuration. So I really should keep my mouth shut. Having just said that, here is my opinion.

I have never heard of a misfire or failure to feed or any issues with the High Point firearms. In fact I have heard just the opposite that they just shoot and shoot and shoot.

Top Bottom