• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Tried searching this one in the forums, hope I'm not beating a dead horse.

A few years ago, I remember trying out one of their pistols from the case and really liking it. I thought it might be the only consideration I'd give to .45 as it was used and very affordable. The last info was Remington absorbed them then "killed them off". Has anyone seen anything similar or know where their team went? Maybe there would be something new to look for there along similar lines.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I heard the same things so I went ahead and unloaded the one Para I had. It was a decent gun although there are some better options now. Always wanted to try out one of their warthogs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The last couple of Para's I owned were crap.
    The last 2 I looked at were........wait for it......Crap.

We were Para fans in the late 80's to mid 90's. Owned more than a few. But the quality went in the crapper.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel

I'm suspicious whether that site is being maintained. Its copyright goes 2011-2015, and if it was active I'd expect them to have updated to 2018. I may be wrong. I'm not really interested in anything but my 2000 vintage P12s, and if I find another it may come home with me if it's not shot out. I've been updating the pink one with tritium sites (dovetailed front), a threaded barrel, I have the rail for the bottom, and building a customized laser that may cause a bit of a stir :shady:

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    The link at the bottom of their website brings up a 2015 catalog. My guess is no longer in business.

Your right, I did not notice that originally. Remember hearing several years ago Remington bought them up, but didn't know they cease to exist. I bought a Stainless P14 during the pre ban scare of 1994. Came with a coupon that you could send off and buy additional magazine because they were running short. The thing is accurate and never missed a beat, but the grip is ginormous. Sorry to hear they are discinct. Always wanted a Warthog, those were badass when they first came out.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    [h=5]Maybe try and contact them:

PARA: Support

Customer service[/h] When contacting customer service, please have the owner name, address, model and serial number available. The information will help the service representative to expedite your request.
    For emails, please include your name, address, phone number and serial number of the firearm.
    By Email:
    contact@para-usa.com
    By Telephone:
    1-888-999-9386 (USA)
    Mon-Fri 9:00AM-5:00PM Central Time
    By Mail:
    PARA USA, LLC.
    1816 Remington Circle
    Huntsville, AL 35824

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Looks like Remington has stolen/ruined another what used to be affordable product.
    They of course did the same thing to Bushmaster, turned them to :poop:.

This looks like some of the Para pistols I have looked at in the past: https://www.remington.com/handguns/model-1911-r1/1911-r1-limited-double-stack

Not sure how you come up with that pistol being over priced.

$1300 msrp = $1200 typically.

It's basically ready to compete out of the box for Limited division in USPSA or Multigun. Similar products from STI are $1600-2700.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    As mentioned before. Para was absolved into the black hole of death that is Freedom Group

Whatever models para made that Remington wanted to keep they're doing under their name

Paras site is probably up because Remington doing warranty work on them

Or Remington didn't want to pay anyone to take it down

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I remember when they first came out and I thought the design was interesting. Then I actually worked on a few of them. Just terrible guns. Loaded with dummy rounds it makes a really nice doorstop.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Tried searching this one in the forums, hope I'm not beating a dead horse.

A few years ago, I remember trying out one of their pistols from the case and really liking it. I thought it might be the only consideration I'd give to .45 as it was used and very affordable. The last info was Remington absorbed them then "killed them off". Has anyone seen anything similar or know where their team went? Maybe there would be something new to look for there along similar lines.

FG killed Painted Ordanance back in 1Q of 2015.

They took the money saved and made the Remington 700 and 870 the outstanding pieces that they are today . . . oh, wait.

BREAKING: Remington Kills Para USA Brand - The Truth About Guns

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You can still find wide body Paras in shops, but they are new "old stock."

If you want to get one and it's not a .45ACP, you may have trouble finding magazines. Mec gar makes them, but the 9mm mags only hold 17 rounds and they won't accept aftermarket extended base pads for Paras. And the won't work with most extended magwells.

If you want a new gun and can't find a Para, Rock Island Armory has several models in both .45ACP and 9mm/.22TCM that use their Meg-Gar-style magazines.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Mine was and still is great shooter. Canadian made mid 90’s. Never a malfunction and accurate as hell.

They made some decent guns back then.

The guns built on the aluminum alloy frames don't hold-up to a lot of shooting too well. They don't break (unless you're shooting .40), but the rails are really abrasive regardless of the lube you use and the slide will get loose over time. All steel guns of that vintage are good shooters.

Top Bottom