• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ngale496

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Fishers
    I have become a big Sig Fan and looking at the 357 Sig Cartridge. Just wondering peoples experience with it and how they like it. also to get an older german frame or a newer all US? I reload so ammo cost is irrelevant.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The .357sig was my every day carry round for many years, in a full size Glock 31.
    I never owned an actual Sig pistol chambered in .357, have owned my share of Sigs for sure though.
    I love the round personally. I did end up selling my Glock and a good majority of the ammo, but did not sell all of my .357sig ammo, as I don't think I am completely done with that cartridge.

I did however sell off all my Sigs except one, a P238 (.380acp). After all these years I finally jumped on the Glock band wagon, and have again considered a G32 this is the same size pistol as a G19, just chambered in .357sig. I had a nice Gen. 3 Glock 32 for awhile and sold it off. I wouldn't mind a Gen. 4 G32.

As far as your other question, I would say most guys will suggest to stick to the German Sigs if you can find one in decent condition.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The 229 is a honey pie in .357 Sig. It'll definitely let you know it's gone off - but the mass helps to soak up the recoil. You can get a .40 S&W conversion barrel for it. If you come across one used - probably worth it to send it in for a spa treatment - all new springs & pins all the way around. That cartridge isn't exactly easy on a frame.

Ngale496

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Fishers
    I figured the Glocks would be snappy with the polymer frame. I have a few sigs so far. from west german, to german frame to a new Legion. Honestly they are all excellent. The original 229 German frame would be my 1st choice followed by probably a new elite or legion probably just to get a good trigger. I know you can get the 226 in a 357 as well but I like the thought of carrying it so 229 wins out. Now to find one. Want a 228 west german as well. 2 guns on my wish list

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    ^^^^^This!^^^^^

I bought my P229 in 40S&W just for this reason.

Same here. I got a CPO P229R in .40 from Bud's in great condition. Had a guy from the forum here install a SRT kit, installed a set of the new X-ray sights and got some Hogue extreme grips and then a .357 Sig barrel. Not the most accurate handgun I own, but shoots very well and is a hoot at the range. It's now my nightstand gun, with an extended mag and light/laser combo.

Here it is without the light/laser and extended mag (because why not post a pic) :D

WxqWenXh.jpg

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have 11x Sigs. I highly recommend getting a German frame. I had a couple of the US made Sigs and they didn't compare in craftsmanship you get with a W. German/German Sig.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I carry a Sig P229 in .357 Sig caliber.
    For defensive carry, I use Underwood 357 Sig 125 Grain Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point at Muzzle Velocity: 1475 fps, Muzzle Energy: 604 ft. lbs.
    I get bulk practice ammo at Georgia Arms.

I figure if this pistol is good enough for the Secret Service and the Air Marshals, it's good enough for me.

I also bought the OEM Sig .40SW barrel, as it's just a drop in and go deal.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Go w.german. you will be extremly happy with the quality. As a bonus, armslist seems to have a few floating around every once in a while. People never know what they have. My personal favorite is my west german p220. The guy thought it was a beat up old gun. Brought it home for under $400. Cleaned off all the grime and dust. Perfect working condition almost no wear. Shoots like a dream. I have since found many at <$500 in 75-90% condition.

Im a huge sig guy, but i never even thought about it. (Feeling stupid now but want some clarification)

What exactly needs to happen to convert a .40 to a .357 sig.

I have been dreaming of a .357 but a newborn put a stop to my firearm expansion. Thia would be awesome and the wife will bever find out. Haha

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Another +1 :yesway: for the 229 in .357 Sig. Has quite a bark to it especially at an indoor range. W.German is always preferred.

Another one is the 239 in .357 Sig. I think it was Han Solos backup. :cool:

:ingo:

Ngale496

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Fishers
    well your not going to find a 357 sig in a west german gun. It was developed in 1994. west germany and germany were united in 1990. lol. But you can still get a german frame and US slide. I have quite a few Sigs myself. Honestly comparing the west german to a New Legion, the Legion is some of Sigs finest work. Very tight, very crisp trigger. Now I have an Elite 220 Cary with a German frame that should be here in a few days. So all those same goodies with German Parts as well. I really am expecting Greatness from that. The 229 I definitely want an Elite if possible, you get spoiled with that short trigger reset. A german frame definitely would be a high priority. But I also would not say no to a new Legion 229 carry if I can find one.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    well your not going to find a 357 sig in a west german gun. It was developed in 1994. west germany and germany were united in 1990. lol. But you can still get a german frame and US slide. I have quite a few Sigs myself. Honestly comparing the west german to a New Legion, the Legion is some of Sigs finest work. Very tight, very crisp trigger. Now I have an Elite 220 Cary with a German frame that should be here in a few days. So all those same goodies with German Parts as well. I really am expecting Greatness from that. The 229 I definitely want an Elite if possible, you get spoiled with that short trigger reset. A german frame definitely would be a high priority. But I also would not say no to a new Legion 229 carry if I can find one.

It was my understanding that the triple serial number 229's were all German. (not W. German lol on me.). I could be wrong though...

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Of course Finding one is proving to be a royal pain in the rear.

A triple SN- Like 'hens teeth' almost. I almost purchased one years ago but I let it get away. I don't know if that was good judgement or not on my part. Depends on where you are on collecting Sigs. They can be quite addictive.

Top Bottom