• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I keep hoping that Remington is making a good comeback AND improving QC.
    .... then they usually sh*t the bed

I HOPE this is as good as it seems.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I really wanted the R51 to be good, and to look more like the old 51. Ever since then remington hasnt dont a thing thats felt innovative or interesting to me.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    D87jlUih.jpg

Kinda reminds me of a Dan Wesson ECO (the 3.5 inch barrel) and the VBOB (full size bob-tail) had a bastard baby except its probably worse in every way imaginable because its Remington.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I really wanted the R51 to be good, and to look more like the old 51. Ever since then remington hasnt dont a thing thats felt innovative or interesting to me.
    You and me both. I still like the looks of the new R51. But the initial reviews, and how they used the Pederson design vs a tilting barrel that I thought was an unecessary complication... and then the recall and re-release that didn't seem to fare a lot better. Just a cool idea to resurrect a neat retro design that cold have been a home run, but wasn't executed very well.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Isn't that pretty much a rebranded Para Ordinance?

Remington Arms bought Para and folded it into their Remington handgun line. They have resurrected a lot of the double stack Para line. I'm not sure how much of the Ultralight Executive is a Para carry over but quite a bit was updated and refined under the Remington umbrella. Their 1911 line seems to be pretty solid now. At least ones I've had interactions with anyway.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I would like to have a DW ECO but can't quite reach that high right at this point in time. I may just pull the trigger on this one and see how it plays out.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    In another thread I'm seeing a S&W and a Sig that both pique my interest. If one had to choose between those 2 which might one choose?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    In another thread I'm seeing a S&W and a Sig that both pique my interest. If one had to choose between those 2 which might one choose?

It’s all down to personal preference. No the Sigs and S&Ws aren’t “real” 1911s but whocares. I’ve had S&W 1911s and Springfield 1911s and Dan Wesson 1911s. If you’re trying to stick to a budget I’d get a used Springfield.

Top Bottom