• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here it is, 2018 already. As with a lot of others, my EDC has evolved over the years to what I have today. What I have is exactly what I want in EDC for me but I know that there's a chance that something will come out this year to make my next year's EDC favorites change. With that thought in mind, what are your favorite EDC handguns right now? Why did you choose those?

The only thing I ask is that we keep this civil. No slamming someone because of their choices please. No caliber wars too. Just looking to see what everyone has in their holsters right now.

Right now, my favorite EDC handguns are:

CZ P10C in 9mm. Why? it points better for me than pretty much anything else out there. The trigger is really, really good. Not just good for a striker fired pistol, but just plain good. EDC kind of good. What could be better? It could be in .40 but I can live with a 9mm that I shoot this well for summer carry.

Glock 30sf. I love to carry this gun because of the punch it packs. It is light, compact and very easy to shoot well. It lets me tote along 11 rounds of .45 and the spare mag is pretty small as well. The one thing that could be better is that it is a PITA to practice with due to the percentage of brass that it ejects into my forehead. But, it's a good enough carry package that I just suck it up and deal with the BTF.

CZ P07 in .40. When I hit the range with this gun, I tend to come away very confident in my ability to keep follow up shots on target and transition quickly between targets. I carry this one with a +2 mag extension to make it a 14+1 round .40.

Those are my top three over the last year. I've added a 2nd P10C and G30sf recently to have a good EDC and practice gun setup. None of these would have made the top 3 a year ago. I didn't own the P10 yet and a year ago, had no desire to get one. The P07 was still in the early stages of proving itself a year ago and the G30 just didn't do anything for me a year ago. 1 year ago, I'd have thought you crazy if you had suggested that in a year, 2 striker fired guns would make my top 3 or that all three of my top 3 would be poly based guns.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    No change for me, other than with a little help from my friends I've built something that suits me even better than the Glock 19C that Glock builds. Zev slide, trigger work (of course) a Deltapoint pro. I'm not sure the recoil is softer than a factory pistol but thanks to Justin at PWD (calling what he does stippling is almost an insult, it's artwork) it fits me better so I am more comfortable and accurate with it.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member, [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Glock 43 for when I need really good concealment.

Generally it had been either Glock 26 or 19 when I wanted something bigger, but now the S&W M&P Compact 2.0 has been filling that role since about October, 2017 when I contemplated the Gen 5 19, but decided on something different. (Still have the Glocks)

I'd like to shoot a P10C to try it out, but can't say I'd switch to it. Surprised myself when I bought and started carrying the M&P instead of a Glock. I had tried out an M&P 9c about 5 years ago and just could not adjust to the trigger, etc and sold it off.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    WC Stealth in a Milt Sparks VM2

M3kkEZa.jpg

Or a Shield 9mm in a kydex IWB

y3WejrX.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This Sig 229 won my heart, and I love to carry it. Besides the ample capacity in a hot round (357 Sig), I really think that it's the front sight that makes it the best for me. The combination fiber optic / tritium just works to bring my focus to the front sight.

i-D7FnTGm-L.jpg

i-wBFL7Rz-L.jpg

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Rotating between my Glock 23 or Glock 27 depending on the occasion and clothing. I have a lot of confidence in the 23 and has had the most rounds put down the barrel. I might also be a little biased since it was my first handgun purchase.

My goal is to incorporate my .40 M&P Shield into my summer carry since it should be a lot easier to conceal with my skinny frame. Need to put that through the torture test and get a comfortable holster, then it should be good to go.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, assuming we actually mean Every Day Carry, only the Glock 17M.

BUG does rotate depending on clothing. LCR or Shield.

jag09

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indy/Cloverdale
    I rotate between a Glock 26 and CZ P07 depending on the occasion/clothing. I had a Glock 23 for a couple of years that I honestly wish I never got rid of, because of having the 40-9 conversion barrel and a AIWB hostler that just fit. The P07 has definitely become a favorite, but I need to explore more holster options since the threaded barrel can be a pain going appendix.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    jbombelli, those are beauties, not sure if I have it in me to carry a Silver Chrome. I run into too much crap, I cut corners short and bam, hit carry gun

About 6 months ago I switched to a CZ RAMI, some times when I want something smaller I switch back to the Sig P290 I carried for a couple years

Don't plan on changing anything but been curious on a HK P30SK just because it has a rail and I can run a weapon light

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    jbombelli, those are beauties, not sure if I have it in me to carry a Silver Chrome. I run into too much crap, I cut corners short and bam, hit carry gun

About 6 months ago I switched to a CZ RAMI, some times when I want something smaller I switch back to the Sig P290 I carried for a couple years

Don't plan on changing anything but been curious on a HK P30SK just because it has a rail and I can run a weapon light

Thanks. Hard chroming is quite possibly the sturdiest finish out there. Don't worry about banging it. I have several times. Lol.

Top Bottom