• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I bought a Storm Lake 9mm barrel for my Glock 27 a few weeks ago. I already had a 357sig. barrel for it. Tried it out today with Federal 115gr. FMJ. All I changed was the barrel, everything else was the factory 40cal parts including the magazine. Just to see how well it worked. I had a FTE on the first round. After that one time I shot 98 rounds without a bobble. I was impressed, since I'd read online you had to change the mag. and springs, ejector, etc. I figured the FTE was shooter error as it was the only problem.
    It seemed as accurate as the 40cal or the 357sig.
    Not going to use the 9mm for EDC as I carry the gun with the 357sig. barrel in it. But figured it shot well enough for plinking around. I have a model 22 I bought around 10 years ago and bought 9mm and 357sig. barrels for it but have never shot it, it's in my SHTF bag.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Good report. My 17TB is my zombie apocalypse pistol. Wonder what percentage of INGO members own a Glock?

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Glock's are the only pistols we own multiples of these days aside from 1911's, plenty of variety in the safe but they are the go to gun of choice.

Aside from them being accurate and easy to shoot for everyone in the family I really appreciate the simplicity of them when it comes time to detail strip one for a good cleaning, old age and bi-focal glasses are no fun dealing with small parts and springs and I really can't imagine fooling with another brand.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I have a Glock G33 barrel that I use in my G27. I have shot thousands of rounds through it, with absolutely no problems. I use the original G27 mags with no changes. It is reliable enough that I would carry it with no concerns.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Have several Glocks, 43, 26’s, 19’s, 19’s, 19’s, 19’s, ok I have a bunch of 19’s, and a 34 on the way.

Me too, 43s, 42's, 19's and 17's

Hope to eventually add a 34 MOS, 20, and 26. Maybe a 357 sig if its cheap enough. Im not entirely sold on the MOS. I pick up regular sights faster.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I own two NiBX coated gen 3 G23's. Both have had trigger jobs done, have night sights and I have a 9mm conversion barrel for plinking at the range for less money than the .40 barrel. Both are nice, but I still don't like the triggers as much as on some other guns. That said, they're still good and carry well.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    You run that 27 mag with 9mm long enough, you'll see more malfunctioning. I use a 23 mag for malfunction drills with my 9mm conversion bbl in my 23. It's good for that cuz it's reliable enough to have fun shooting, but will induce enough trouble that it's good practice for malf drills.

I'd estimate about a 3 to 5% malfunction rate in that configuration. That's based on a few thousand rounds over 2 years.

A 9mm mag will however, make it 100% reliable ime.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I have several 9mm mags. I have a Glock 17 and a 19. I just used the 27 mag to see how it functioned and because it was the right length for the 27.
    You run that 27 mag with 9mm long enough, you'll see more malfunctioning. I use a 23 mag for malfunction drills with my 9mm conversion bbl in my 23. It's good for that cuz it's reliable enough to have fun shooting, but will induce enough trouble that it's good practice for malf drills.

I'd estimate about a 3 to 5% malfunction rate in that configuration. That's based on a few thousand rounds over 2 years.

A 9mm mag will however, make it 100% reliable ime.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Compatibility - glock magazines, holsters, even barrels work across all platforms

Reliability - goes boom every time

Price - costs about half of what nice 1911's run

Rbooher7526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I bought a Storm Lake 9mm barrel for my Glock 27 a few weeks ago. I already had a 357sig. barrel for it. Tried it out today with Federal 115gr. FMJ. All I changed was the barrel, everything else was the factory 40cal parts including the magazine. Just to see how well it worked. I had a FTE on the first round. After that one time I shot 98 rounds without a bobble. I was impressed, since I'd read online you had to change the mag. and springs, ejector, etc. I figured the FTE was shooter error as it was the only problem.
    It seemed as accurate as the 40cal or the 357sig.
    Not going to use the 9mm for EDC as I carry the gun with the 357sig. barrel in it. But figured it shot well enough for plinking around. I have a model 22 I bought around 10 years ago and bought 9mm and 357sig. barrels for it but have never shot it, it's in my SHTF bag.
    I love Glocks, but then again I love Sigs too. I have a Glock 32 gen 4, Glock 27, Glock 29 gen 4, I like being able to swap out the barrel on my 27 and 32. I carry the 29, but I miss my Glock 30 and fully intend to get another.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I love Glocks, but then again I love Sigs too. I have a Glock 32 gen 4, Glock 27, Glock 29 gen 4, I like being able to swap out the barrel on my 27 and 32. I carry the 29, but I miss my Glock 30 and fully intend to get another.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Yep. While I like Glocks, I also like Sigs, CZ's, well made 1911's and more... ;)

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I love Glocks. I like M&Ps, Sigs, FNs, CZs, Walthers, Caniks, 1911s. I dislike Taurus, SCCY, revolvers, Kahrs. I have opinions.

Top Bottom