• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a chance to buy multiple guns at what are good prices, but I need input.
    Buying these off a trusted person, that's all I'm going to say (so noone beats me to it like the Ruger SR Gov't. 5" model :laugh: ).

Kahr CW9 and CW45: $250 each.
    Great shape only about 300 rounds shot.

Ruger P95: $295

Walther P22: $225 (I'm a sucker for any 22LR
    Did Walther make this model or is it a Umarex gun like so many 22s made (which is why I bought my Smith Compact 22: it was ground-floor up in-house Smith)?

Are the Kahrs different enough from my Shields?
    Should I buy just 1 one them, the CW9 instead of the CW45?
    Is the price to kill for? Seems very good to me, but I haven't started my research yet.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    The kahr triggers will feel very different than a shield. They are like a long smooth double action trigger. Price is decent for sure. They carry well imo. As for resale, kahrs aren't loved by a decent amount of folks.

Most people either love the trigger or hate it.

Mags aren't exactly cheap either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The kahr triggers will feel very different than a shield. They are like a long smooth double action trigger. Price is decent for sure. They carry well imo. As for resale, kahrs aren't loved by a decent amount of folks.

Hate it. Hate anything Kahr. Nothing but poor luck with the few I have attempted to own. JMHO of course. Love-em or hate-em......your call.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Oh my! Kahrs aren't top tier? I am shocked, but I'm a newbie.
    2. I remember a certain small Kahr at Marksman Shooting in Westfiield caught my eye and I was in love but it was $400-$500ish don't remember (last summer).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Mags aren't exactly cheap either.

1. I'm not a mag buyer, although I have when there was an unbelievable price like on the Shield 9mms last Fall, or a trigger buyer or a hammer buyer, so it doesn't matter to me how much the accessories are but I get your point for other to buy, that would be a negative.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    1. Oh my! Kahrs aren't top tier? I am shocked, but I'm a newbie.
    2. I remember a certain small Kahr at Marksman Shooting in Westfiield caught my eye and I was in love but it was $400-$500ish don't remember (last summer).

For $500 it was surely a PM series, a more top tier version of the cm and cw series.

The cw series is dumbed down to make a price point. Here's a copy job of some differences

Less Than 10
    The CW Series have conventional rifling instead of match grade polygonal rifling; the CW Series have a MIM (metal-injection-molded) slide stop lever instead of a machined slide stop lever; the CW Series cannot be retrofitted with night sights because the slide does not have a front dovetail cut; the CW Series slide have fewer machining operations; and the CW Series have simple engraving on the slide instead of rollmarking; and the CW Series are shipped with one magazine instead of two.UPC: 602686047319

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hate it. Hate anything Kahr. Nothing but poor luck with the few I have attempted to own. JMHO of course. Love-em or hate-em......your call.

1. If I understand what someone told me, that you work on guns, therefore it would be like asking an auto mechanic what cars to stay away from b/c he sees them in the shop too much.
    2. That would mean your opinion and observations would be priceless and invaluable to a noob like me.
    3. It's just like there is a popular gun (I think the XDs) that I read a post where a range master who conducted classes and he stated his trainees had more trouble with their guns not working than any other, like about 2 dozen in 1 year: I wrote that brand off my list since that was an unbiased observation from someone who had no dog in the fight (not a seller).
    4. Am I reading/hearing you correctly Churchmouse: it is a reliability issue?
    5. Your input about the Kimbers forever put them on my "buy another brand list b/c life is too short."
    6. If so, I appreciate your opinion: pm me if you don't want to be specific and offend the Kahr lovers (no hate intended)

7. What is Kahr's warranty situation?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am NOT a Kahr fan.
    I have only owned 2 because I bought them at a good price. It turns out that "good price" is a relevant term.
    NEVER again for me.

1. Good input.
    2. Could you be more specific?
    3. Did you have to return them for repair?
    4. Feel free to pm me.
    5. If you don't have time, thanks for speaking up, though!:popcorn:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    All Walther 22s are built Umarex. The exception being the PPK/S which I believe is currently built by Walther Arms in Arkansas, can’t say if the quality is any better though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. If I understand what someone told me, that you work on guns, therefore it would be like asking an auto mechanic what cars to stay away from b/c he sees them in the shop too much.
    2. That would mean your opinion and observations would be priceless and invaluable to a noob like me.
    3. It's just like there is a popular gun (I think the XDs) that I read a post where a range master who conducted classes and he stated his trainees had more trouble with their guns not working than any other, like about 2 dozen in 1 year: I wrote that brand off my list since that was an unbiased observation from someone who had no dog in the fight (not a seller).
    4. Am I reading/hearing you correctly Churchmouse: it is a reliability issue?
    5. Your input about the Kimbers forever put them on my "buy another brand list b/c life is too short."
    6. If so, I appreciate your opinion: pm me if you don't want to be specific and offend the Kahr lovers (no hate intended)

7. What is Kahr's warranty situation?

I will not work on one. I just do not like them. Shoot more than a few. Owned a couple. Nope......just do not like them.
    That said you will never know how you feel about the brand until you own one and run (or attempt to...:):) it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Been reading all sorts of problems with the Walther P22 stemming mostly from bad magazines.
    I suppose since this one is 5ish yrs. old it has the original mag that most all the problems ensued from.
    I think it will add nothing to my Smith Compact or Beretta Neos.
    Based on what I've read, I doubt I'll take the chance.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Buy what you want. Not just cause its a good deal.

My best advice for you is to quit buying as many guns and go take some classes.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I had a Kahr CW45 and a P40. I never had issues with either but didn't put a lot of rounds through them. The trigger pull was long and smooth. Not bad guns but I'm not the biggest fan of DAO. Spoiled by nice single action triggers.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've owned a number of Kahrs from the steel framed models to the poly series, they have always ran well for me and i've had no issues, they were all accurate little guns. I've only ever owned the 9mm's though never had a .45. Not sure i'd pay 250.00 for a used one, there have been places selling new ones for that lately.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    1. Good input.
    2. Could you be more specific?
    3. Did you have to return them for repair?
    4. Feel free to pm me.
    5. If you don't have time, thanks for speaking up, though!:popcorn:

Slide stops and unreliable, Kahr replaced a couple of parts. Jamming issues were supposedly "ammo related". Suggested to try different types of ammo, etc.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a Kahr K9 9mm that has been completely reliable in almost 1K rounds at least 750 and it is by far the most accurate little pistol I own.
    I've heard mixed reviews of their poly line

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom