• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    Why own tons of firearms just to carry one all year round? To take pictures on Instagram all day?

Here's my future purchases. No real reasoning except for the fact I like guns.

All weapons I would and could carry or use in home defense bases. Rather than just sit in the safe (they will be in a safe, just rotated) and wait for range day.

CZ P10C
    Walther PPQ (waiting to get a hold of the compact)
    P320 (so many bad reports, but would love to have the firearm the military is currently using for now lol)
    FN 509
    G22/G17
    P80 G19 Build (already have a G23)
    G43
    Arex Zero
    1911 with Rail *still looking at companies and prices*
    XDM 3.8 (have a XD first gen that I'm going to try to trade and a little cash)
    H&K VPSK
    H&K USP Compact

AR Pistol
    AK style Rifle.

Currently own:
    PSA AR 15
    Glock 23 Gen. 3
    S&W M&P9 2.0
    Springfield XD40 Subcompact
    Taurus G2 in 9mm

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Primarily because I want to carry a gun I can run at the subconscious level and not fiddle with different grip angles that change the presentation, different sights with varying POA/POI, different trigger weights, different ergonomics for different controls, etc.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’m with BBI’s train of thought. Have one that I know like the back of my hand.

I wouldnt be against having a full-size version for the nightstand and the compact/subcompact model for carrying, provided they have the same sights and manual of arms.

FWIW, the 4” PPQ is technically the compact model. There is also a new subcompact model with the 3.5” barrel and shortened grip. I’ve seen the 4” model at Indy Arms & Point Blank regularly. I know for a fact that Indy Arms has a subcompact modelcurrently and that USDS & Point Blank in Greenwood had one as of last Saturday.

Simple Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Kosciusko County
    If I was a car collector, (i’m Not) I would like to think I would be proficient at driving all.
    But if I had to brave the blinding snowstorm to, say, fetch my daughter, my choice would be limited to my most faithfull, well-practiced ride.

If your purpose in carrying is to anticipate a Sh__storm, wouldn’t it be prudent to carry your most familiar, “daily driver?”

i’d love To occasionally carry my “sports car,” but I don’t carry promising myself a pleasant day.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    BBI said it perfectly. Which is why I own 1 type of pistol (excluding a 22lr pistol) and own a handful... or two of them

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I own Glock 19’s, a whole ****ing bunch of them, my list of firearms to acquire includes Glock 19’s. I own other stuff, I want other stuff, and I buy other stuff, but I USE Glock 19’s. Buy all you want while you still can, but realize, a different carry gun each day, just because you can, is like gaining 500lbs. Because ice cream was on sale. Very few here have the means to master a single weapon, much less a gun of the week. Buy all you want, but pick one to master!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I own Glock 19’s, a whole ****ing bunch of them, my list of firearms to acquire includes Glock 19’s. I own other stuff, I want other stuff, and I buy other stuff, but I USE Glock 19’s. Buy all you want while you still can, but realize, a different carry gun each day, just because you can, is like gaining 500lbs. Because ice cream was on sale. Very few here have the means to master a single weapon, much less a gun of the week. Buy all you want, but pick one to master!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Vigilant again" You just make too much sense man :twocents: the reps can't keep up!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Yep. I have a bunch of guns. Most are range guns that I enjoy shooting. The variety is nice. For carry and training I have 2 guns, a primary and backup of the same platform. What always makes me scratch my head is people who shoot competition with a gun that is completely different than their carry gun and with a different holster setup. Oh well, to each their own... :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If I was a car collector, (i’m Not) I would like to think I would be proficient at driving all.
    But if I had to brave the blinding snowstorm to, say, fetch my daughter, my choice would be limited to my most faithfull, well-practiced ride.

If your purpose in carrying is to anticipate a Sh__storm, wouldn’t it be prudent to carry your most familiar, “daily driver?”

i’d love To occasionally carry my “sports car,” but I don’t carry promising myself a pleasant day.

The car reference is interesting in that I've often wondered if the 'one gun and only one gun' guys apply the same logic to driving. A lot of the same issues apply to driving as they do to carry, except that you carry just in case you need to apply the skills earned but you drive each day and every day. If someone cannot master the use of more than one gun, how in the world do you master the feel of two or more automobiles? I'm not sure if the 'one gun' guys don't shoot enough or if they are just selling the ability of humans to master more than one thing short.

I don't carry a large variety of guns, but I don't limit myself to a single gun either. I also tend to shoot more than the average person though, with last years seeing about 9100 rounds down range. I'm already over 2400 for this year and that's only 7 weeks in. That's not a lot by gamer standards but I'm not a gamer and at least 8k of those rounds last year were through my carry guns. When I'm not at the range, I practice point shooting with laser cartidges at home. I'm comfortable with anything that's in my holster or it does not go in the holster.

I appreciate the mindset that holds oneself to one gun but if you put enough rounds down range each week, the human mind can master more than just one.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am not a top tier operator nor do I desire to be. I will continue to enjoy multiple types of firearms.

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    Yes, I would grab old faithful. But all my "cars" will be old faithful. All my "cars" will be test driven A LOT. Yes, that's a lot of "gas/bullets." I only go to the range only once month (100rds each caliber I own). So if I have more than one "car" during SHTF scenarios and multiple adults and any one else that knows how to shoot a firearm around will be given an "old faithful." Why would you shrink you're cache (rely on one firearm you know inside or out) or jam up in one car during end of world scenarios? It wont be familiar because it's just sitting in the safe/garage. The mind is a beautiful thing. If you still have memories from kindergarten or younger, you can remember a firearms controls POI/POA as soon as you get a grip on it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Primarily because I want to carry a gun I can run at the subconscious level and not fiddle with different grip angles that change the presentation, different sights with varying POA/POI, different trigger weights, different ergonomics for different controls, etc.

^^This. All of my guns are the same gun. ;)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Aren't you glad you live in America and you can actually have a choice?

Mainly, because I can, I like guns, some guns aren't the best for carry or at least for me, I'd like to be 6 foot 5 and 250 of solid muscle and conceal a FNX Tactical with a RMR and a Surefire X300 on it easily......but I'm not. I like guns, there's a lot of good platforms out there, and I want to.

I'm considering getting a Beretta M9A3 because I like the looks, feels good, and would be a slick suppressor host. Would I ever carry it? Nope

Do I carry a good portion of the handguns I own....nope

Will I continue to buy guns I won't carry and just use to shoot steel......yup

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Shoot what you carry and carry what you shoot. I put a minimum of 500 rounds of various ball ammo and 75-100 rounds of carry ammo through any gun before i decide to carry it. Then it gets the snot shot out of it. My 43 gets shot almost as much as full size range guns.

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    Very good different views. Some like the peace of mind. And some just like change. But like M67 said, it's wonderful we live in America!

Top Bottom