• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm currently looking for a summer/deeper concealment gun and my two options are the P365 and Shield 2.0, I'm not really in a hurry and I do like the concept of the 365 and can pre order at a decent price. Shield is a well stablish platform, what is better option of the two?

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    On paper, the P365 is appealing. It has had some issues. Maybe Sig will get them ironed out whenever they start shipping again, maybe they won't. It comes down to your risk tolerance. If you are interested in more capacity in the same size and that outweighs the possible issues for you, then go with the Sig. If reliability is 100% your main concern, I would either go with the Shield or wait and see what happens with other people once the P365 starts shipping again.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm pretty much on par with everything BBI said. If mag costs come down that'd be nice! I still want to shoot a 365 though, my brother has shot one a little bit and says he likes it and I will as well... We shall see. Also I'm no Nancy but the texture on the 2.0 may get to you depending on what you are doing. I will carry RTF2 with no bother but the 2.0 grip can be like sandpaper when you move certain ways.

Last edited:

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I would say Shield, if you choose Sig, make sure you can find the holster you want first, I couldn't find the one I wanted, and I already have a shield set up for carry, mags are cheaper and shields are really good guns. This coming from a Sig guy, I have always hated S&W autos, until my wife bought a shield, after shooting hers I bought one too, I had to eat my words on S&W for that gun, and now I am liking the full size M&P pistols too.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I have a Shield and installed a Apex trigger upgrade and kept the factory trigger spring. I've put close to 1500rounds of every type of brass case 115 and 124 grain lead core/FMJ ammo available OTC I know (no Russian ammo or RMA) of and 115/124 grain SJHP ammo from Hormady, Speer, Federal, Winchester, and Sig and not a single issue what so ever. It's far more accurate than it needs to be for it's intended application of personal defense.

I 100% trust it. If you can shoot one prior to buying as I did add Talon AM stick on grips which did FOR ME improve it's handling while shooting. I have VERY large hands and I shoot it very well. I personally feel if you are looking for a small pocket sized polymer striker fired HG that you can carry anytime in just about any clothing that's has established a reputation for 100% reliability there is no better option out there than the Shield, yes some as good but none better and at a very attractive price. It also has excellent AM support for holsters, and mags and again mags are now quite reasonable if not cheap.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    From Phil (strader at sig)

We’re pleased to announce that the P365 has resumed shipping. Thanks to great customer feedback, we were able to make helpful tweaks to the platform. This includes shipping all new P365s with our X-Ray 3
    emoji769.png
    day/night sights. Owners who are experiencing any issues with their original P365 SIGLITE
    emoji768.png
    sights can contact customer service to have X-Ray 3s shipped to them at no charge. We have also made minor spring adjustments to address isolated incidents of failure to battery (FT
    cool.gif
    which are directly related to the off-center/light primer strikes. While we believe some of the FTBs could be the result of varying grip issues, everyone will benefit from this adjustment. Finally, in order to curb the potential of barrel or slide wear in pistols with a tighter tolerance stack, we have made two relief cuts to the barrel. Though this wear is only cosmetic and has been determined by tireless R&D efforts to confirm that it has no relationship with some of the issues experienced, these cuts will minimize most show of wear. SIG SAUER appreciates the excitement around this game-changing pistol, and we look forward to your continued support and helpful feedback.

that's a copy and paste from the sig talk forum

now for my 2 cents
    I own a lot of sigs (8 not a lot, but a lot compared to all other makers I own) but i'm not going to buy one yet, i'm going to let the hype die down, and hopefully i'll pick one up used.

I have a 9mm shield, with 5 mags, truglow tfo's, a crimson trace laserguard (in red) and its got a tecnaclip on it (because with the laser on it, I cant find a holster I like) and even with the factory's horrendous trigger, I can shoot it pretty good. I now i'll never get out of it, what I've got in it (now that the 2.0 is out) I did get good prices on some of the items (gun was 310.00 at rk, after a rebate that I used to get another mag, laser was 75.00 at ganders goob sale, 1 mag was free a friend gave it too me), I've got 510.00 tied up in it. but the 2.0 is out, and nobody wants a 1.0, I just keep it and wait for a good used 365

with all the hate on sig nowadays I bet I wont have to wait long to get one!

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    From Phil (strader at sig)

We’re pleased to announce that the P365 has resumed shipping. Thanks to great customer feedback, we were able to make helpful tweaks to the platform. This includes shipping all new P365s with our X-Ray 3
    emoji769.png
    day/night sights. Owners who are experiencing any issues with their original P365 SIGLITE
    emoji768.png
    sights can contact customer service to have X-Ray 3s shipped to them at no charge. We have also made minor spring adjustments to address isolated incidents of failure to battery (FT
    cool.gif
    which are directly related to the off-center/light primer strikes. While we believe some of the FTBs could be the result of varying grip issues, everyone will benefit from this adjustment. Finally, in order to curb the potential of barrel or slide wear in pistols with a tighter tolerance stack, we have made two relief cuts to the barrel. Though this wear is only cosmetic and has been determined by tireless R&D efforts to confirm that it has no relationship with some of the issues experienced, these cuts will minimize most show of wear. SIG SAUER appreciates the excitement around this game-changing pistol, and we look forward to your continued support and helpful feedback.

that's a copy and paste from the sig talk forum

now for my 2 cents
    I own a lot of sigs (8 not a lot, but a lot compared to all other makers I own) but i'm not going to buy one yet, i'm going to let the hype die down, and hopefully i'll pick one up used.

I have a 9mm shield, with 5 mags, truglow tfo's, a crimson trace laserguard (in red) and its got a tecnaclip on it (because with the laser on it, I cant find a holster I like) and even with the factory's horrendous trigger, I can shoot it pretty good. I now i'll never get out of it, what I've got in it (now that the 2.0 is out) I did get good prices on some of the items (gun was 310.00 at rk, after a rebate that I used to get another mag, laser was 75.00 at ganders goob sale, 1 mag was free a friend gave it too me), I've got 510.00 tied up in it. but the 2.0 is out, and nobody wants a 1.0, I just keep it and wait for a good used 365

with all the hate on sig nowadays I bet I wont have to wait long to get one!

Glad to hear they're on it. Put an apex in your shield, it will make it about 1000x better. Mine was a sweet shooter.

Last edited:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I bought a Shield because I shot one and loved it. Extremely accurate, great trigger and reliable. Mine had a crappy trigger, was not accurate and failed to go into battery every time. I traded it. Just goes to show you any "great gun" can have a lemon in the lot.

Jmiyake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    Crown point
    I have owned a couple of shields now in various calibers. Solid reliable guns I have been interested in the 365 as well but keep hearing about feed issues and other kinks in them. I always try with newer model guns to wait a bit and let the kinks get worked out and see if the negative reviews fall away.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Own both the 9 and 45 Shield. Going to stick with them. I did get the opportunity to shoot a 365 the other day. Nice gun but not enough there to make the switch or add to the collection.

shotgun0311

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Camby
    I have both and love them both plus on occasion I carry a Glock 43. Right now the p365 is in the testing phase to make sure there are no issues. 8f none are found then it will be the p365 that is my edc due to size and capacity.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If you get a chance, try both and see which you like. A lot of people change out things on the Shield, like triggers and sights. IMHO, the Sig P365 needs nothing out-of-the-box. I went from a Kahr CM-9 to the Sig P365. Both of them are nice pistols, as is the Shield, but I much prefer the Sig, mostly due to the increased magazine capacity. You can pretty much ignore the internet bashing of the Sig P 365, it boils down to your preference.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    If you get a chance, try both and see which you like. A lot of people change out things on the Shield, like triggers and sights. IMHO, the Sig P365 needs nothing out-of-the-box. I went from a Kahr CM-9 to the Sig P365. Both of them are nice pistols, as is the Shield, but I much prefer the Sig, mostly due to the increased magazine capacity. You can pretty much ignore the internet bashing of the Sig P 365, it boils down to your preference.

Exactly !!!!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I wasn't much impressed with the shield, Dad bought one & had me use my sight pusher on it as it was not well zeroed right to left. After checking zero at the range & then cleaning the 20 yard plate rack a few times, I am pretty impressed.

Top Bottom