• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I have an M&P 9 FS Gen 1.0 that I bought new in 2015 and while I like the gun the trigger just plain sucks. The pull is long and heavy and makes it difficult to shoot accurately.

I realize these are not target pistols but it would be nice to actually shoot decent groups with it. I have or have had .22, .357 and .44 pistols and they all shot great as they all have very good triggers and are revolvers. Also had 1911's in .45 and 9mm and both also shot great.

Lately I have been thinking about upgrading the trigger but now that the 2.0's have come out I thought about just trading it. Would I be better off trading to a 2.0 or spending money on an Apex trigger kit.

FWIW, I have put close to a thousand rounds thru it of various mfg and several different reloads with none really shooting that great, or at least what I expect. Maybe I just can't shoot a striker fired pistol worth a crap and should go back to the 1911 platform.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Apex trigger is vastly better than even the 2.0 trigger. Hell...Apex trigger is better than their performance center trigger. Unless you care about more aggressive grip texture and front slide serrations, the better choice IMHO is to go with the upgraded trigger.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The M&P used market is flat as all get out now. New M&P FS 9mms can be had for $350 so used prices are down. I think trading or selling, you'rs going to take a hit. I have a FS with a dcaek installed. You are welcome to give it a try and see if that helps.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Apex trigger is vastly better than even the 2.0 trigger. Hell...Apex trigger is better than their performance center trigger. Unless you care about more aggressive grip texture and front slide serrations, the better choice IMHO is to go with the upgraded trigger.

THIS! Triggers scaled in order. My 1.0 45......most 1.0's..............2.0 trigger......Full Size Performance Center trigger...............................................................................................Apex.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    apex makes good stuff and takes great care of their customers, if their trigger kit is as good as the upgrades they make for the p320, you'll like the m&p stuff!

I had a guy let me try the apex kit he put in a shield, and it felt damn nice! as good or slightly better than the performance center shield.

the only down side, to install all the parts, i'm almost positive that you'll have to remove the rear sight, and if the full size is as bad as the shield, it sounded like I cracked the slide when the rear sight broke free!

ALSO!!!!!! if the fs is like the shield, theres a tiny black plastic disk that go's between the bottom of the rear sight, and the top of the safety plunger spring.....be careful! its small and hard to see if it gets dropped! and don't loose it!

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Thanks for the replies. I think I will stick to my original plan and keep what I've got and upgrade the trigger. I figured if I traded or tried to sell it would be at a big loss. I really like t he gun and don't want to give up on it.

After shooting my 629-2 I'm kinda spoiled on triggers.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thanks for the replies. I think I will stick to my original plan and keep what I've got and upgrade the trigger. I figured if I traded or tried to sell it would be at a big loss. I really like t he gun and don't want to give up on it.

After shooting my 629-2 I'm kinda spoiled on triggers.

You might just have a bad trigger. I have a 1.0 45 that has an awful trigger even as compared to my other 1.0's. Of course, nothing in a striker fired can come close to a nice 629, the flat faced Apex will be a big step in the right direction.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    apex makes good stuff and takes great care of their customers, if their trigger kit is as good as the upgrades they make for the p320, you'll like the m&p stuff!

I had a guy let me try the apex kit he put in a shield, and it felt damn nice! as good or slightly better than the performance center shield.

the only down side, to install all the parts, i'm almost positive that you'll have to remove the rear sight, and if the full size is as bad as the shield, it sounded like I cracked the slide when the rear sight broke free!

ALSO!!!!!! if the fs is like the shield, theres a tiny black plastic disk that go's between the bottom of the rear sight, and the top of the safety plunger spring.....be careful! its small and hard to see if it gets dropped! and don't loose it!

^^^ This is true. You must remove the rear sight and there is a little black cap that like to shoot out. Overall, the trigger swap is not to difficult. It was one fo the first trigger job I ever did and I made it through.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I'm not worried about tearing down as I've already done that to see how it all works and see if it could be helped. Looks like replacing parts is what this one needs and is what I will be doikng.

Top Bottom